fifty two | hog day afternoon

While Annabelle was lying down on the bar of the nightclub, she did nothing but sigh as she listened to the romantic song Oswald was listening to and continued to wait for Sofia Falcone to make her appearance at the lunch they apparently agreed upon

It didn't matter how many times she insisted on just packing everything up and going about the rest of his day doing as he wanted.

Oswald just wouldn't listen to her.

He would insist that Sofia would be there any minute and that he would hate for her to show up with no food that was present.

After telling him to just leave and do as he wanted and him failing to listen to her for what felt like the twentieth time at that point, she grabbed herself a bottle of scotch and started to drink out of it.

It was only at that moment that she heard approaching footsteps, which got her to turn her head to see who was coming, only to let out another sigh when she saw that it was only Victor Zsasz that was walking over to the table that Oswald was sitting at.

Once he heard her sigh, Victor glanced over at her to see how annoyed she currently was.

Whether it was by Oswald's choice of going out to eat with Sofia, or Oswald refusing to listen to her, he wasn't sure.

What he was sure of, though, was that no matter the reason, Annabelle wasn't happy one bit.

After he looked away from her, Victor walked towards the table and said once he was standing at the table, "She's not coming."

Oswald raised his eyebrows as he said, "What?"

Victor told him, "Sofia. Your lunch date."

Oswald said to him, "It's not a date."

Victor replied, "Whatever. She called, she's not coming."

Oswald asked him, "Did she say why?"

As he sat down across from Oswald and started to eat the food that was laid out onto the small table, Victor replied, "Something came up, I don't know. I wasn't listening." While Oswald silently stared at Victor with narrowed eyes, Victor said with a shake of his head, "It's just gonna go to waste."

Oswald sighed as he said to Victor, "I want you to follow her, find out who she's with."

Victor asked him, "You think she's two-timing you?"

Oswald replied, "She and I are not..."

While Victor eyed him and Annabelle simply chuckled to herself, Oswald said to him, "This lunch was her idea. Now she cancels all of a sudden. I want to know why. That's all."

While he continued to chew on the bread he originally grabbed, Victor slowly nodded his head, which got Oswald to sharply inhale before he yelled, "Now, Victor!"

Victor nodded his head as he said, "Sure." Then he looked past Oswald and asked, "Hey, Annabelle, do you want a bite?"

Annabelle shrugged before she sped over towards them and sat beside Victor.