twenty five | the son of gotham

While standing in Edward's kitchen with her arms crossed over her chest and a grin on her face, Annabelle chuckled to herself as she watched Oswald call Edward once again

It was entertaining to her, especially with how Edward sounded more and more annoyed every time he answered the phone call.

After hearing Oswald groan when Edward didn't answer his phone call, Annabelle said to him, "Perhaps you shouldn't be calling him repeatedly over the most idiotic of things. I mean, after all, he is supposed to be at the GCPD working and not answering all of these calls from you. If he doesn't respond in a way others would expect him to, they would become quite suspicious of him."

Oswald only rolled his eyes in response before he called Edward once more.

It wasn't even fully past the first ring when they heard Edward say, "Yes."

Annabelle chuckled again as Oswald asked while he looked through Edward's refrigerator, "Where is the spicy mustard? You better not have finished it."

Oswald paused for a moment before he grabbed the bottle and said as he pulled it out of the refrigerator, "Oh. Never mind."

After he closed the door to the refrigerator, he looked at Annabelle, who was now laughing at him, before he said, "What?"

With a raised eyebrow, Annabelle asked him, "Seriously? You called him to find out where he kept the spicy mustard?"

Oswald frowned before he told her, "I wanted to make myself a sandwich."

Annabelle glanced over at his bread, lunch meat and sliced cheese before she nodded her head after she looked back at him and said, "Yes, I can see that."

Oswald's frown deepened when a wide and genuine grin made its way onto Annabelle's face before he limped over to where his unfinished sandwich was sitting in wait, while he ignored Annabelle's laughter.

Annabelle simply shook her head to herself.

For someone as psychopathic as Salvatore Maroni had described him to be, he could be rather childish if he wanted to, which amused Annabelle whenever she could witness it.

Although, now that she thought about it, she didn't know what was more amusing about him.

His rare childish antics, or the brutal ways in which he murdered others.

After thinking it over for a couple of moments, she shrugged and then sat on top of the kitchen counter and watched as Oswald put the spicy mustard bottle down and took a big bite out of his sandwich.

* * *

Annabelle was sitting on a bed in Edward's apartment with her arms crossed over her chest and an eyebrow raised as she watched Oswald pace back and forth, while he went on a tirade of all the things he could do to get back at Theo Galavan for his part in his mother's death.