fifteen | under the knife

Annabelle groaned before she ordered another drink, while she heard Gertrud say, "But you promised to dance with me

Annabelle groaned before she ordered another drink, while she heard Gertrud say, "But you promised to dance with me."

Before he nodded over towards Connor, who was waiting for him on the second floor of the nightclub, Oswald replied, "And I will. But first, I have to finish with that gentleman."

Gertrud said to him, "Who knew running a nightclub was so much work? My poor darling."

While Oswald limped away from Gertrud and over towards the staircase that would lead him to Connor, Annabelle eyed his mother.

Although Gertrud annoyed her with all the constant doting and fawning over Oswald, she couldn't help but feel jealous of him.

Oswald had a mother that loved him unconditionally and meant no harm and wished for him to have the whole world.

Annabelle, on the other hand, had a mother that constantly berated her and harmed her with her magic, along with blaming her for everything wrong that occurred from the time she was six until she was sixteen and moved out of her childhood home with her then fiancé, Atticus.

She would give anything to start her life over and have a mother like Oswald did but unfortunately, she was unable to do such a thing and could only have horrible memories of her own mother.

Memories that had her view all mothers just as horrible and look at them with disdain and utmost loathing.

After being given another drink, she started to down her bottle of scotch, while she watched Gertrud dance by herself as Oswald said to Connor, "As I was saying, you and your crew are the best gun and knifemen in the city. Your hit on Councilman Klein, a thing of beauty. I-I'm a fan."

Connor replied, "Cheers. What do you want?"

Oswald told him, "For you to help me kill Don Maroni and all of his lieutenants."

Connor scoffed as he said, "You're having a laugh."

Oswald replied, "I'm fairly certain I'm not."

Connor asked him, "And Falcone's good with this?"

Oswald told him, "He will be when it's done."

In turn, Connor said to him, "Thank you. No thank you."

While Connor started to walk away from him, Oswald asked him, "So you like being number two? Falcone gives Victor Zsasz first dibs on every new contract. You bring him the bullet-riddled corpse of his enemy and all of that will change. This is your chance to move up."

Connor chuckled before he said, "You're a mad fellow, aren't you?" When Oswald only shrugged in response, Connor said, "Fair enough. Come by the bar tomorrow, we'll talk details."

Then Connor harshly patted Oswald on the back before he walked away from Oswald.

After hearing every single word that was said between the two of them, Annabelle looked over at Oswald and tilted her head, while she started to wonder if he truly meant what he told Connor, or if he was simply tricking him.