sixty two | one bad day

The reporter on the television said, "Sources tell us Captain James Gordon was at the scene and is missing and feared dead

The reporter on the television said, "Sources tell us Captain James Gordon was at the scene and is missing and feared dead. Investigators are certainly looking into what could have caused the sudden explosion."

Klaus turned to Victor and Annabelle before he asked them, "Just how many times do you lot have to deal with this? These explosions and madmen and whatnot?"

Annabelle and Victor shared a look with each other before Annabelle said, "Well, with madmen, it's been happening quite a lot for the past three years."

Then Victor told him, "As for explosions, they've only really happened, like, four times over the past three years. The first being when Falcone and Maroni were at war and Falcone got sent to the hospital because of it and almost got killed. The second time was when Falcone's son was the intended target and Falcone's car got blown up again. The third time was when Penguin blew up his own car to fake the death of a kid he cared about. And now there's the fourth time, as you could tell from what they're saying."

Klaus looked between them as he asked them, "And this doesn't at all faze you?"

They shook their heads before Victor said to him, "No, of course not. We've dealt with far worse than this sort of thing. I mean, you know about all of the things that Annabelle's dealt with in the past, but this explosion is nothing compared to what I've dealt with in the past."

Klaus slowly nodded his head with raised eyebrows before he eyed Victor and glanced over at Annabelle.

Just as Klaus was about to respond, another explosion was heard.

Annabelle and Victor quickly looked back at each other, while Klaus only raised his eyebrows once more before he poured himself a glass of scotch.

Just as Annabelle was about to walk towards the window of her hideout, her phone started to ring.

She pulled it out of her coat and asked after she accepted the call, "What do you want?"

Oswald sighed as he said to her, "Hello to you too, Annabelle. I can tell that you're in quite the forgiving mood, what with how annoyed you're sounding at this very moment. I just wanted to run an idea by you after what I've recently learned."

She raised an eyebrow as she asked him, "Oh, yeah? And what idea would that be?"

Oswald told her, "According to a reasonable source I've recently acquired, Jeremiah Valeska has chosen to hold Zsasz's life against you— like many have done before him— and I want to see if you'll help me with a certain dilemma of mine."

She asked him, "And what kind of dilemma would that be, Oswald?"

He replied, "Oh, I'm so glad you asked. Apparently from what I've heard, Jeremiah's responsible for all of the explosions that have been going on recently and because of the source I've told you about, I know that he plans on demolishing this beloved city. The same city where your beloved Victor Zsasz happens to live. So, if you'll help me, I'll try and reason with Jeremiah to see if he could not demolish the city and leave it as it is."