sixty seven | pena dura

After declaring the end of her friendship with Oswald Cobblepot and leaving him lying on the floor of the building they were in, she immediately went back to looking for Victor Zsasz

Although she knew that the infamous hitman was alive and wasn't hurt, she just knew that she had to find him.

The last time she truly interacted with him— if she chose to ignore the mouthed 'I love yous' before Oswald's attempt to have him killed— was the day that she and Oswald teamed up with Barbara Kean, Tabitha Galavan, Butch Gilzean and all of the women that stood with Barbara and had katanas as weapons.

She didn't care if her doing this would get her half-brother Klaus and her friend Nico to try and track her down again, like they had been doing since she went her separate ways with them prior to finding Victor.

The only thing she cared about was finding the very man that made her the happiest she had ever felt in her entire life.

It was this reason alone that she didn't tear into any necks or torture anyone she saw.

Because as far as she was concerned, finding Victor Zsasz was her number one top priority and she would let herself desiccate from not drinking any human blood, if it meant that she would be able to find him.

And it was because of her need to find him that she chose to ignore the fact that apparently Edward Nygma was the person behind the explosion of Haven and the deaths of the hundreds of people that were inside of it when it exploded.

* * *

After spending a good portion of her morning going to each and every single one of the places she knew of Victor Zsasz going to during the fourteen years she knew him and then decided to go to almost every single one of her hideouts, Annabelle knew that there was only one other place she could think of him being in.

And this was one place he could possibly be in was a place he hadn't been to in two years since the day that Tabitha Galavan had chosen to send men after him in an attempt to have him killed, while Theo Galavan was in Blackgate before his first death at the hand of James Gordon with the assistance of Annabelle Mikaelson and Oswald Cobblepot.

And this place was the very first hideout she made for herself when she first arrived in Gotham in the year 1988.

Without even thinking twice about it, she quickly threw the door open and sped into the abandoned home.

It wasn't until the door was closed behind her and she heard a click from behind her that she smiled to herself before she said, "Hello, Victor."

It was then that she heard another click before she heard him say from behind her, "Annabelle?"

Instead of responding, Annabelle slowly turned around with her head raised and found herself face-to-face with Victor Zsasz, who was silently eyeing her as he put his gun back into its holster.