fifty eight | one of my three soups

Annabelle was just about to go to the recreational room and meet the other inmates that Jerome had managed to make side with him for his plans for Gotham, only to stop when one of the guards that was ordered to guard her cell stopped right in fron...

Annabelle was just about to go to the recreational room and meet the other inmates that Jerome had managed to make side with him for his plans for Gotham, only to stop when one of the guards that was ordered to guard her cell stopped right in front of her open cell door and told her, "You have a visitor."

She tilted her head and furrowed eyebrows as she said, "A visitor?" When he nodded his head, she asked him, "Who?"

He hesitated before he replied, "They don't want me to say."

She raised her eyebrows in response before she waved her hand and watched as he and one other guard walked her to the visitation room.

While she walked towards the visitation room, she couldn't help but wonder who even wanted to see her.

She knew that Edward wouldn't, since he was the one that broke Oswald out of the asylum and Oswald wouldn't after he was broken out.

It wouldn't be anyone from the GCPD or Sofia Falcone, since she repeatedly threatened or tried to kill at least someone from the GCPD or Sofia herself on over a dozen occasions.

It most definitely wouldn't be any of her siblings, since she had a few covens keeping her location hidden from her siblings ever since she ditched them two-hundred and eighty-four years prior to this.

She knew it definitely wasn't her father, since she had heard nothing about him for the past eight years.

It couldn't be Nico Angelos, since he only came to Gotham whenever she needed help or if Victor asked for his help.

It most definitely wasn't her old friend Lucien Castle, who she had reason to believe was dead after she and her siblings had left Southern France in an attempt to escape their father and left Lucien and the other two that were turned into vampires a thousand years ago.

So that only left Victor Zsasz, which made her wonder what the hitman could possibly want from her.

The moment she entered the visitation room and saw Victor Zsasz sitting in a chair at the time, she sighed and said after she sat across from him, "I knew it'd be you that would come here."

He replied, "I figured you would."

She sighed once more as she said to him, "If this is another attempt of letting you break me out of here—"

He shook his head as he replied, "It's not. I just thought I should be the first one to let you know that Sofia's no longer a problem. She's been dealt with."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she asked him, "What do you mean by 'she's been dealt with'?"

He told her, "Well, apparently Gordon needed Penn for something, so Sofia wanted me and Wendell to help her find him. When she found out where he was, she came with us to go after him. And because of her choice of wanting to go after him herself, she almost killed Gordon and almost got killed herself. From what I heard, Thompkins shot Sofia in the head and stomach, but she's apparently in a coma. I don't know how that's possible, but it's whatever. I just thought I should come here and give you the good news before you heard about it from someone else."