sixty one | that old corpse

After she spent her time trying to make up with Victor and repair their ruined relationship because of Sofia's accusations since Jerome's second and final death, Annabelle was now walking through the streets of Gotham and looking to see who she co...

After she spent her time trying to make up with Victor and repair their ruined relationship because of Sofia's accusations since Jerome's second and final death, Annabelle was now walking through the streets of Gotham and looking to see who she could make into her first victim of the day, only to stop when she heard footsteps quickly approaching her from behind her.

Without trying to be obvious about it, she looked out of the corner of her eyes to see who was following her and expected it to be a follower of Jerome's, only for her to frown when she heard no maniacal laughter.

The only thing she heard was the sound of the person's approaching footsteps becoming quicker and saw a small part of their dark blonde hair blowing in the wind.

It was only when their footsteps became even quicker that Annabelle's veins started to come onto display and she ignored all the sounds of rapid heartbeats from the citizens that saw her visible veins.

In an attempt to attack the person that dared to follow her, she walked into one of her closest alleyways and hid in one of her best hiding spots.

Not long after she got into her hiding spot, the man that was following her had also walked into the alleyway.

Since she was currently consumed in her rage and not seeing clearly that this man was one that was all too familiar to her, she didn't think twice before she sped towards the man and slammed his back into a brick wall and shoved her hand into his chest and quickly grabbed his heart.

Just as she was about to tear his heart out of his chest and rip his head off of the rest of his body, she suddenly stopped when she heard the man ask her, "And this is the greeting I get after not seeing you for almost three-hundred years, Annabelle? I thought you would've at least been much happier to see your brother."

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed and it was only then that her anger subsided and she saw the one person she'd been trying to avoid since she ditched him, Elijah and Rebekah in 1718.

After removing her hand from his chest and taking a step back from him, she said, "Nik?" When he nodded his head, she asked him, "What are you doing here?"

Klaus chuckled as he asked her, "What, I can't choose to visit one of my little sisters? Do I really need to have a reason to pay a visit?"

She scoffed as she told him, "This is you we're talking about. You always need a reason for doing something. You don't just decide to visit one of your siblings out of the lack of the kindness that you have in your heart. And since this is you we're talking about, I can only imagine that you want to shove a dagger into my heart and take me with you."

With a shake of his head, Klaus replied, "Oh, on the contrary, little sister. I've heard quite a bit of what you've done during your fourteen years in this city. I want to congratulate you on everything you've done here."

Just as she was about to scoff and demand what he really wanted from her, her phone started to ring.

Instead of immediately answering the phone, she simply stared up at Klaus with narrowed eyes, which got him to ask her, "Are you going to answer that, or just leave it to go straight to voicemail?"