forty five | pretty hate machine

Annabelle was sitting in a chair in one of the several hideouts she kept a secret from Carmine Falcone and occasionally shoving a fire iron in the stomach of an informant for the hideouts of all of Jerome's followers, only to stop when she suddenl...

Annabelle was sitting in a chair in one of the several hideouts she kept a secret from Carmine Falcone and occasionally shoving a fire iron in the stomach of an informant for the hideouts of all of Jerome's followers, only to stop when she suddenly got an incoming phone call.

After shoving the fire iron into the informant's stomach once more, she pulled the phone out of her coat and said into it, "I'm kind of in the middle of torturing someone right about now, so if you can get on with what you need to say and hurry up this conversation, I'd really appreciate it."

Then she rolled her eyes when she heard Barbara ask her, "Annabelle, did you know about Penguin still being alive?" When Annabelle said 'mm-hmm' in response to Barbara's question, Barbara asked her, "And why the hell didn't you tell us this?"

When Annabelle didn't respond, Barbara said to her, "Not telling us this crucial piece of information could very well be the end of our deal."

As she tilted her head and pulled the fire iron out of the man's chest, Annabelle replied, "Well, to be fair, you said to stay out of the war. You said nothing about me informing you lot about the probability of Oswald surviving because of Edward's wish of killing him. So if there's anyone to blame for your failure on being incredibly specific on what you wanted to happen, you would only have yourself to blame."

Barbara was silent for a moment before she asked Annabelle, "And just how long have you known about him still being alive?"

Annabelle shrugged as she told Barbara, "I don't know, a couple of days? Give or take, I suppose. The only reason I came to realize that he was still alive was because I went to his home to grab some tools I could use in order to torture some informants in order to find out where the rest of Jerome's followers were and found him in his home, devising a plan as to how he could get back at Edward for trying to kill him. Well, I suppose that was before he found out I was at his home. He was nice enough to try and offer me some of his help, but I figured he would be far too busy trying to exact his revenge on Edward, so I didn't bother to derail him from his current task."

Barbara was silent for a moment before she asked the Original, "You're not trying to help him, are you?"

Annabelle sighed as she said to Barbara, "Barbara, love, I'm quite fond of you and your violent actions, but I do hope that you try and use your brain at one point in your life." When Barbara started to threaten her, Annabelle told her, "Since I've recovered from the almost three days I'd spent with Jerome, I've done nothing but hunt down any of his followers that could still be in Gotham and kill them before I end up going to Arkham and killing Jerome myself. Why would I take my time from that to help Oswald when my current predicament of yet another threat being held over Victor's head is taking place? I mean, honestly, Barbara. I thought you were supposed to be the smart one in your little band of misfits."

Barbara also sighed before she said, "Just call me if you hear about Oswald trying to make a move on us before I decide to change my mind and have Zsasz killed."