thirty six | anything for you

Due to the fact that she was given the job to protect both Edward Nygma and Oswald Cobblepot by Oswald himself, Annabelle was silently standing on the other side of Butch, while Oswald told the reporters, "My mother was the daughter of immigrants

Due to the fact that she was given the job to protect both Edward Nygma and Oswald Cobblepot by Oswald himself, Annabelle was silently standing on the other side of Butch, while Oswald told the reporters, "My mother was the daughter of immigrants. A humble cook. We did not have much, but when she was by my side, I felt loved. Protected. As promised, I have rid Gotham of its villainous monsters."

While the crowd lightly cheered, Oswald said, "With my mother as my witness, I vow to you from this day forward, every man, woman and child in our great city will be safe!"

While the crowd cheered once more, Annabelle looked away from Oswald and over towards the green vehicle that stopped just behind the crowd of reporters.

It was then that the sound of gunfire was heard, which got everyone but Annabelle to duck for cover.

The four men that wore red hoods on their heads ran up the steps and avoided the crowd as they went up them before one of the men said to Oswald, "No one is safe. Not from us."

While Butch only took out one gun, Annabelle took out two and pointed one at the head of the man closest to them and then pointed the other at a man that wasn't too far away.

While Annabelle and Butch turned off the safety to their guns, two men pointed their guns at both of them as one of the men said, "Drop them."

When neither of them had put away their guns, another man said, "Put them down."

Butch raised his hands before he stepped back and put down his gun, while Annabelle didn't.

She remained in place and when the two men pointed their own guns at her, she scoffed before she asked them, "Do you really want to try and shoot me with that? Because I can guarantee you that when you lot fail to kill me, it'll be you that's dead before day's end."

The men looked at each other and started to wonder if they should really risk their lives and piss her off before one of them shrugged and opened fire at the statue of Gertrud, instead of Annabelle.

When Annabelle heard movement coming from behind her, she turned around and ducked down, just in time as a man used a sledgehammer to cut off the statue's head, which caused it to fall off of the rest of the statue and bounce down a couple of steps before it lied in place.

After staring at the head of his mother's statue in horror, Oswald quickly looked over at the man as he yelled, "You will pay for this! Dearly!"

The first man replied, "Now, now, Mr. Mayor. Don't go losing your head."

Then he threw a grenade, which got smoke to come out of it the moment it made contact with Gertrud's statue.

Then, as he and the others ran to their truck and drove off, the same man yelled, "Have a nice day!"

Annabelle narrowed her eyes, while she slowly tilted her head and watched as their vehicle left the vicinity before she glanced over at Oswald, who was staring at the head of his mother's statue in horror.