sixty six | ruin

Similarly to what Annabelle had been doing from the moment the bridges were blown up, Annabelle was once again out in the streets of Gotham trying to do everything she could to search for Victor Zsasz, while also tearing into the necks of just abo...

Similarly to what Annabelle had been doing from the moment the bridges were blown up, Annabelle was once again out in the streets of Gotham trying to do everything she could to search for Victor Zsasz, while also tearing into the necks of just about anyone she saw.

It hadn't been long since she left Edward Nygma by himself and chose to get back to searching for Victor.

Even though Edward was a friend of hers, her dire need to find Victor Zsasz trumped her wish to help Edward with his inability to remember anything he did after he fell asleep.

It was that reason alone that Annabelle was once more in one of her alleyways after the fight she had with Edward about her wish to leave him and continue her search for Victor Zsasz.

Although said fight involved Edward not only pulling a gun on her but also threatening to shoot her with it if she left him to unravel his mystery by himself, Annabelle held no grudge against him and just left, leaving the troubled friend of hers by himself.

At this point in time, she no longer cared about Edward and his current dilemma.

The only thing that mattered to her was finding Victor Zsasz and making sure he wasn't injured or nearly killed during their time of being apart from each other.

After watching her current victim's head separate from the rest of his body, she was just about to get back to looking for Victor, only to stop when Nico appeared in front of her and said to her, "Annabelle, I've been looking for you."

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed as she eyed Nico before she asked him, "Nico? What are you still doing here? I thought you would have left as soon as the bridges were blown up."

Nico replied, "No. What kind of a friend would I be if I left you here all by yourself with no way of finding your boyfriend?"

Annabelle's eyes widened as a small smile made its way onto her face before she asked him, "Have you seen him? Is he okay? He's not hurt, is he?"

Nico told her, "Calm down, Annabelle. Victor's safe. I just came looking for you because I found him with your brother." Annabelle's smile slowly started to widen, only for it to falter when he said to her, "But there's the other piece of information I need to tell you about. He's also having a stand-off with Oswald Cobblepot and the GCPD."

Annabelle asked him, "Where is he?"

He sighed as he said to her, "Now, Annabelle, there's something you need to understand. Victor is—"

Annabelle replied, "I don't care what Victor's done for the past three months. What matters is that I find him before James bloody Gordon and his band of imbeciles do something that could seriously hurt him. Now, where is he?"

After seeing Annabelle's veins come onto display, Nico sighed to himself before he said to her, "Just follow me. If luck is on our side, we should get there before the GCPD manage to arrest him."