forty three | the gentle art of making enemies

Since Jerome blew up the power plant, Annabelle had been trying to get his attention and demand why he needed her with him to begin with

The only response she would get, though, was a laugh and nothing more.

It did nothing but piss her off every single time she heard him laugh after every question she asked him.

At one point, his laughter made her heavily shake because of her anger, but that only resulted in him laughing even louder.

In an attempt to try and get him to tell her what he could need her for, she decided to threaten him.

And that was just what she did.

Well, she attempted to do it, anyway.

After silently glaring at him for several, long minutes, she started to say to him, "Valeska, I swear, if you don't answer my damn questions, I'm going to—"

He scoffed before he let out a laugh as he asked her, "You're going to what, Anna? Break out of those ropes and chains and rip into my neck? Rip my head off? Snap my neck? I've heard all of this before. Just like your threats didn't bother me then, they still don't bother me now. If anything, they're just laughable." When she didn't respond, he said to her, "Besides, if you were going to get out of the ropes and chains, you would've done it by now, which makes me think that it's something that weakens you and something you can't get yourself out of."

After glancing at her through the rearview mirror, he grinned before he asked her, "So, tell me, Anna, what's keeping you from getting out of them?"

She scoffed as she said to him, "That's none of your business. The only thing that matters is that as soon as I'm free of this, I'm going to tear into your throat before doing the same to all of your followers."

He laughed before he said to her, "Oh, the memories your threats bring me. It's just like old times when we were part of the Maniax. I always broke into your room, you always threatened to kill me, but you never did. And you know what, you're not going to do that now, either. Do you know why?"

She blankly stared at him before she replied, "No, I don't."

He told her, "The reason why you won't is because from what I was told, my dear, old friend Victor Zsasz is out in the streets looking for you. I could easily call them and get them to go and kill him, if you tried anything."

She slowly leaned towards the front of the cars with her eyes narrowed as she said, "You know, the last time someone threatened Victor, I ended up breaking just about every single one of his bones with a bat before he got killed. I don't think your followers would be too pleased with the idea of their apparent prophet having almost every single bone in his body broken, just as Theo Galavan's were before he got killed the first time around."

Jerome was silent for a moment, which made Annabelle think he was actually taking her threat seriously, only to stop when he started to laugh before he yelled, "Oh, so she was right! That's good to know. I thought she made it up that you were involved with both of his deaths."