fifty three | stop hitting yourself

While carrying a certificate that named James Gordon the new captain of the GCPD, Sofia Falcone silently walked beside James as she looked between the certificate and James

It was only when she saw James look around himself once more that she said to him, "Relax, Jim, no one followed me. I have Oswald wrapped around my finger."

As he pointed at the certificate, James replied, "If you have such a good grip on him, explain that. Why would he want me promoted? What's his plan?"

Sofia told him, "Oswald has nothing to do with this. The commissioner and the mayor can feel the winds changing, and they want to be out ahead of it before it blows."

After he silently stared at her for a couple of seconds, James said to her, "It was you, you put them up to this. You must've made a hell of a contribution to get the mayor to defy Penguin."

As she handed the certificate over to him, Sofia replied, "No contribution necessary, Jim. Just the Falcone name and everything that it implies."

James told her, "Well, I won't do it. Not like this. And not at Harvey's expense."

Sofia replied, "Harvey is weak. How much longer do you plan on propping him up, and how many more cops need to die because of his incompetence?" After the two of them stopped walking and turned to face each other, she said to him, "I need to go, and you need to stop pretending like you're not taking that job."

With a shake of his head, James said to her, "I'm not pretending."

Sofia replied, "So you say, Jim, but I don't see you rushing to throw that piece of paper in the trash. Come see me tonight, after you take command, and we'll celebrate."

While James silently watched Sofia hurriedly walk away from him, a certain pale brunette was standing on the top of the bridge and looking through his camera roll to look over all of the pictures he took throughout the entire time that Sofia and James were walking together and talking to each other.

It was only after James also walked away that the man took out his phone and said into it, "Annabelle, it's me. I've done as you asked. You were right. I'll see you tonight at our rendezvous point and discuss with you all I've discovered after the target's next meeting."

Annabelle replied, "That's very good, Nico, but please do be careful. You don't know who she could possibly be using to watch out for her while she plots her attempt at undermining Oswald."

Nico nodded his head as he said to her, "I will. See you tonight."

Annabelle replied, "See you tonight."

Then the call ended.

* * *

While sitting on a rooftop and downing as many bottles of alcohol as she could, she waited for the time in which she would have to meet up with Nico Angelos at their rendezvous point.