forty one | ghosts

Annabelle Mikaelson was standing beside Leslie Thompkins in a black dress of her own, had her head bowed and said nothing, while the priest read aloud, "'And the end will come when he hands over the kingdom to God, the Father, after he has destroy...

Annabelle Mikaelson was standing beside Leslie Thompkins in a black dress of her own, had her head bowed and said nothing, while the priest read aloud, "'And the end will come when he hands over the kingdom to God, the Father, after he has destroyed all dominion. The last enemy to be destroyed is death'. In nomine Patris et Filii tu y Santos. Amen."

The priest and everyone but Leslie, Carmine and Annabelle said, "Amen."

As she listened to Leslie's sobbing, Annabelle said nothing, while she put her hand on Leslie's back and soothingly rubbed it.

She knew all too well how it felt to lose a husband.

As she continued to soothingly rub Leslie's back, while Carmine said comforting words to the new widow, Annabelle quickly looked away from them when she heard Harvey Bullock say from a good distance from the funeral, "Jim. What the hell are you doing here? If Falcone sees you, God only knows what he'll do."

James told him, "I had to do it, Harv. He was infected. He would've killed her. It was a legit kill."

Harvey replied, "That's the law. This is family. The man's burying his son. Lee's burying a husband."

James said to him, "I wanted to... I don't know."

Harvey asked him, "To what? Say sorry? Talk about the past? This isn't the time or the place. Come on."

After she moved away from Leslie and went to stand on the other side of Carmine, Annabelle quietly talked to him, while she made sure Leslie couldn't hear her as she told him that James Gordon and Harvey Bullock were nearby.

Carmine didn't nod or shake his head.

He simply looked over at where Harvey was walking away to see James Gordon still standing there and staring down at them before he also walked away.

It wasn't long afterwards that Carmine walked away, which got Annabelle to follow him closely behind him.

She knew all too well what it meant to lose a husband and since she blacked out and killed her own, she wanted to at least help with going after the killer of Leslie's husband.

She might not have been fond of Mario, but she had to do this for the sake of Carmine and Leslie, if not anything else.

* * *

Just after James Gordon had walked out of the forensic room with Harvey Bullock, he suddenly stopped what he was doing and turned his head when he heard a voice yell, "Harvey!"

James quickly turned his head to see Leslie Thompkins quickly walking towards them.

Only thing was that she wasn't alone.

Accompanying her was not only one of Carmine Falcone's men, but also Annabelle Mikaelson.

Despite the fact that the man and Annabelle had blank looks on their faces, it was clear to all in the room how completely outraged and upset Leslie was as she quickly walked towards them and said, "As acting captain, I demand that you arrest Detective Gordon for the murder of my husband."