six | spirit of the goat

Ever since their meeting with Salvatore Maroni, Annabelle had done everything in her power to avoid Victor Zsasz at all costs

She knew he had questions about why she'd gotten so hostile during their meeting with Salvatore, despite the slightly pleasant meetings she'd had with him before he'd called for that meeting about how she and Victor were lingering outside of Bamonte's.

What she also knew, though, was that she wouldn't have any answers for his questions.

She didn't know what to make of her hostility from the moment he'd asked for Victor to join them.

Despite her loathing towards Salvatore, she'd never had it so blatantly shown like she did that day.

She didn't know what exactly to make of it, so naturally she did everything in her power to avoid Victor Zsasz at all costs, no matter how much that may annoy him or Carmine Falcone.

She knew that whenever Victor wasn't hanging around her home and waiting for her to come outside in order to retrieve his answers, he would be hanging around the inside of the Falcone mansion.

She only agreed to go to Carmine, if it meant that Victor was nowhere near Carmine's home.

Despite how this had inconvenienced him quite a bit, Carmine didn't bother to question her reasoning for this condition.

He knew that when she wanted to, she'd go to him and tell him her reason for this odd condition of hers.

So that was what she was doing ever since that day in Bamonte's.

She ignored Victor's phone calls, made sure she brought new clothes and her things necessary for the day into the bathroom with her whenever she took a shower so she could quickly dress herself and sneak out of her bathroom if necessary, and she also immediately sped away from any part of Gotham, if she saw him or any of the women he had working for him.

She knew if they were seen that Victor wasn't too far behind and, quite frankly, she wasn't too fond of having to see or hear the voice of the very person she was most desperate to avoid.

Normally while she was outside of the penthouse James Gordon and Barbara Kean shared, she'd be inside of a vehicle, but this time around she was lying on top of the penthouse and staring up at the sky as she rolled her eyes, while she listened to the argument that James and Barbara were currently having.

It was pissing her off that she had to listen to yet another argument that had to do with Barbara's past with Renee Montoya, but she didn't complain about it.

If she complained about it, then she would wish that Victor would be there with her and that was the last thing she needed.

After sighing to herself, she closed her eyes as she header James's phone start to vibrate again, while Barbara said, "I'm not apologizing for my past."