eight | what the little bird told him

After spending her free time killing as many innocent citizens of Gotham she could find and terrorizing those she didn't kill, Annabelle let out a guttural groan and watched as her newest victim's head rolled off of his shoulders and landed on the...

After spending her free time killing as many innocent citizens of Gotham she could find and terrorizing those she didn't kill, Annabelle let out a guttural groan and watched as her newest victim's head rolled off of his shoulders and landed on the asphalt.

After allowing a small smile to make its way onto her face, she released the rest of his body and watched as it fell onto the asphalt with her head tilted to the side.

After staring at the headless body for a couple of moments, she sighed and bent down to grab his head.

It was only after it was lying in her hand and she was staring at it for a couple of moments and reveled in the fact of how the last look he had on his face showed just how terrified he was of her that she wordlessly tossed his head over her shoulder.

She turned around and grinned at the pile of heads she'd made since Carmine Falcone had dismissed her task of watching Detective James Gordon.

She only stopped staring at the pile of heads when she heard approaching footsteps, which got her to quickly look up with wide eyes and a huge grin on her face.

She eagerly clapped her hands together, while she turned around and was about to go and grab whoever's footsteps she was hearing, only to stop when she heard her phone start to ring.

After closing her eyes and letting them remain that way for a couple of seconds, she slowly reached into her coat and pulled out her phone.

She was prepared to go and find whoever it was that was disturbing her and torture them in such a horrid way that they would be sent off to Arkham Asylum to live in for the rest of their days, only to stop when she accepted the phone call and heard Carmine Falcone say to her, "Annabelle, I need your help."

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed as she asked him, "Don Falcone? Is everything alright?"

Carmine replied, "No, something's wrong, Annabelle. And I need your help."

Annabelle nodded her head as she said, "Of course, sir. What do you need?"

Carmine told her, "I need you to help me find Liza. Someone took her."

Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed even more as she asked him, "Liza? Isn't that the girl you've brought into your home? The one that cooks and cleans for you?"

Carmine replied, "Yes, that's Liza. Just help me find her, Annabelle."

Annabelle nodded her head as she straightened her back before she said to him, "Of course, sir. You can count on me."

Then Annabelle ended the call and sped home to change into a new set of clothes before she went on her search for Liza.

* * *

After spending several hours searching for Liza in every spot she could possibly think of, Annabelle only sighed as she entered Mooney's to get herself a drink before she started to look for the girl once more.