forty seven | pax penguina

Weddings

Weddings.

There was always something about weddings that bothered Annabelle, ever since her own marriage that was ruined because of her blacking out and killing her husband and two children a thousand years ago.

Any time she witnessed or heard of a marriage after that, she always felt the urge to stop the wedding and kill the two people that were due to being married.

It had always been like that.

For a majority of her immortal life, her siblings would always try to keep her from making a scene and exposing herself as a vampire whenever they could.

Although, it was always Kol that stopped her the most.

It was also Kol that knew just how much she regretted being the one that killed her own family and that she did nothing but blame herself for it at every waking moment.

To see another wedding after not seeing one in five-hundred and thirty years, it couldn't be helped when the memories of her waking up and finding herself covered in the blood of her husband and two children passed through her mind.

As he stood beside her in the open doorway, Victor Zsasz simply grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it, which got her to slowly look over at him, while her veins started to disappear.

After taking a small breath, she lightly squeezed his own hand before she watched as he walked over to a table in the back, while the men started to steal all of the jewelry, watches and wallets.

She merely tilted her head and watched, while the leader walked towards the newly married couple and said as he grabbed the bride's hand, "Let me see that."

After the man raised her hand, he let out a scoff as he looked at the groom and said to him, "Cheapskate, huh?"

Annabelle sighed and shook herself to herself when she heard Victor let out a whistle, which got everyone to turn their heads and look over at him.

While sitting in the chair, Victor said to them, "Excuse me." While the group turned to look at him, he said as he tilted his head, "Hi."

After Victor stood from his seat and started to slowly walk towards them, Annabelle tilted her head and slowly walked around the room as Victor clicked his tongue and winked at an older man, while one of the group members went up to the leader and said to him, "That's Victor Zsasz."

The leader replied, "I know who he is." Then he asked Victor, "What do you want?"

Victor said to the leader, "Oh, I was just passing by, heard the ruckus. You know you can't commit a crime in Gotham without a license from Penguin, right?"

As he raised his eyebrows at Victor, the leader replied, "Is that right?"

Victor told him, "Well, we just started it so word's still getting out."