forty | beware the green-eyed monster

As he sat on the top of a couch with his gun pointed at James Gordon, Victor Zsasz only stared at his watch, while James repeatedly tried to get Victor to listen to him about Mario having the virus

Victor, however, didn't seem to be listening and simply ignored him as he continued to stare at his watch.

Despite Victor's choice of ignoring him, James kept insisting that Victor listen to him and come to realize that Mario had actually been infected by the Tetch Virus, but he still didn't listen.

Victor only stopped staring at his watch when he heard his phone start to ring.

Without putting down his gun, he pulled his phone out of his coat and said into it, "Hey, Annabelle."

James's eyebrows furrowed when he heard Victor say Annabelle's name.

Since he didn't understand why Victor was talking to Annabelle at a time like this, he couldn't help but wonder if Annabelle was also involved in Mario's plan to keep him in Leslie's home.

While James started to think about it some more, Annabelle asked Victor, "Victor, where are you?"

As he turned his head to look at James, Victor replied, "Oh, let's just say I'm keeping an old friend busy at the moment."

Annabelle was silent for a moment.

It was then that she heard James telling Victor to listen to him, which got her to ask Victor, "Is that Gordon I'm hearing?"

Victor replied, "Yeah, it's him alright." Then he asked James, "Hey, Jim, do you want to say hi to Annabelle?"

James said to him, "Victor, I'm serious, you need to listen to me. Mario has the—"

Victor sighed as he said to her, "Yeah, Jim's a little busy right now. I'm sure he's going to greet you later on after the wedding."

Annabelle told him, "Oh, speaking of which, Don Falcone talked to me and said that Mario requested that I guard the entrance to the wedding and make sure nobody unwanted gets inside of it. Do you know what that's about?"

Victor told her, "Oh, that's because he thinks Jim is going to try and spread lies to his soon-to-be-wife and ruin the wedding."

Annabelle chuckled as she asked him, "Oh, so that means I can actually keep Gordon away from somewhere and there's nothing he can do about it?"

Victor replied, "Yep. Sounds about right."

She laughed as she said to him, "That sounds fun."

It was then that Victor heard voices talking in the background before she said to him, "Oh, I have to go. Apparently, they want me to be completely distraction-free and ensure he doesn't get in. I'll talk to you later. I love you, Victor."

He smirked down at the floor before he replied, "I love you, too."

Then she hung up on him, which allowed Victor to shove his phone back into his coat.