thirty | azrael

It had been a week since Annabelle had told Victor Zsasz that he could send someone to Arkham and tell Edward Nygma that she was thinking of him, hoped all was well for him and that she apologized for how she last spoke to him

And throughout that week, Annabelle killed as many people as she could in an attempt to catch up on the amount of people she could have killed during her time in Arkham, a place she vowed to never again step foot inside of.

To her, Arkham was a hellhole.

A place that shouldn't exist, nor should it be a place where the inmates were treated so horribly.

She loathed that place.

And despite how much she wished it weren't true, she pitied all of the inmates that were there.

She had no idea of just what they could possibly be subjected to, nor did she really want to know.

The only thing she wanted to do was kill as many people as she possibly could, so she wouldn't have to be subjected to the memories that involved them not only injecting her with vervain but also small amounts of the Crane formula that had been also injected into her without her knowing.

The only reason for her not knowing was that, while they injected her with vervain, they simultaneously injected the Crane formula into her bloodstream as well.

Not only was she tormented by the vervain that was injected into her, but also with the fact that she kept reliving her absolute worst fears.

Fears that she would never admit to anyone.

Even if it meant Victor Zsasz.

She knew if she told Victor Zsasz that after being injected with vervain that she also relived her worst fears, he would blame himself for not getting her out of Arkham much sooner than he had.

It didn't matter how many times he asked her about why she reacted the way she did when she was released.

She would never tell him.

In order to keep herself from accidentally telling him, she spent most of her time out of her temporary home and killing as many people as she pleased.

It worked.

It kept her from having to tell him, but it also got her to become the GCPD's top priority for capturing and sending her back to Arkham, which was why she was in one of her most favored alleyways with her newest victim and consuming his blood.

After the announcement of the GCPD starting up their search for her again, she would normally eye her surroundings while she consumed the blood of one of her victims.

However, for reasons unknown to her this particular victim's blood had gotten to her and caused her to get lost in the ecstasy that came with consuming their blood.

That was the reason why she was so confused when someone grabbed her shoulder and pulled her away from the neck of her victim, only for her to sigh to herself when she heard James Gordon say to her, "Annabelle, we need to talk."