fifty five | queen takes knight

While she walked behind Sofia with Selina and Tabitha, Barbara asked, "So, are you gonna tell us why we're at your dad's house?"

Sofia replied, "Why do you think?"

Sofia only stopped walking when she saw her father, who was accompanied by two men, enter the room and walk towards her.

It was only when he was standing in front of her that Carmine said to her, "Sofia." He grabbed her arms and lightly kissed her forehead before he pulled away and said to her, "You look tired."

Then Carmine looked past Sofia and over at Barbara before he said to her, "Ms. Kean, it's good to see you again."

Barbara replied, "Likewise." Then she quietly said to Tabitha, "So this is weird."

Tabitha didn't respond and only shared a glance with Selina, while Sofia asked Carmine, "Why are you here, Father?"

In turn, Carmine asked her, "What did I tell you when you asked to return to Gotham?"

Sofia started to say to him, "I know—"

Carmine asked her, "What did I tell you?"

Sofia told him, "That I wasn't ready."

Carmine replied, "Exactly. And you came back anyway. Perhaps I should've acted then. But I was indulgent. Curious. Who is this daughter I raised?"

Sofia was silent for a couple of seconds before she said to him, "Father, Penguin is weak. If you help me, we can end this."

Carmine told her, "I don't want Gotham."

Sofia replied, "I don't believe that. You love this city."

With a nod of his head, Carmine said to her, "I used to, yes. But I'm dying, Sofia. Someone else can have Gotham. What I care about now is my family."

Sofia replied, "And I am your family. And I want this. I deserve this. Gotham belongs to me."

In response to her words, Carmine backhanded her across the face, which got her to fall onto the floor before she stood up and brushed her hair out of her face, while Carmine told her, "Your actions have disgraced our family. Tell me how sleeping with Jim Gordon, the man who killed your brother, helped reclaim Gotham."

With furrowed eyebrows, Barbara said, "I'm sorry, what?"

Carmine said to Sofia, "I have done many things I will have to answer for. But I always knew the meaning of honor. You have proven that you do not."

It was then that the sound of a cane and a pair of footsteps coming towards the room was heard.

Sofia looked past Carmine to see Annabelle Mikaelson and Oswald Cobblepot entering the room.

With a smirk on her face, Annabelle was silent, while Oswald said with a shake of his head, "Children... They can be such disappointments."

It was then that a groan was heard, which got Tabitha to turn around and see Victor Zsasz having an arm wrapped around Selina's neck and a gun pointed at Tabitha.