fifty one | the blade's path

While Oswald Cobblepot silently sat behind his desk, Arthur Penn told him, "License compliance amongst the GCPD remains high

While Oswald Cobblepot silently sat behind his desk, Arthur Penn told him, "License compliance amongst the GCPD remains high. The program is an unmitigated success."

Oswald turned to look over at Arthur as he said, "Numbers, Mr. Penn."

Arthur told him, "According to my tabulations, eighty-six percent of crime is accounted for under Pax Penguina."

Oswald replied, "Which means that fourteen-percent of crime happens outside of my licensing system."

Arthur said to him, "Uh... The numbers are very good, Mr. Cobblepot."

Oswald quickly turned his head away from Arthur as he said, "Get Firefly. I want examples made."

It was then that Sofia Falcone entered Oswald's office with Annabelle Mikaelson close behind her as she said, "Yes, that might help. But then, if scorching a few idiots was all it took, anyone could rule Gotham."

Oswald looked past Sofia and at Annabelle, who only sighed to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest, before he chuckled and folded his hands together, while he said to Sofia, "Thank you for your insight, Miss Falcone. I don't recall summoning you."

As she placed her hands together, Sofia replied, "I came to see if you had lunch plans tomorrow."

As he stood from his chair, Oswald asked her, "An invitation?" When Sofia replied with a close-lipped smile and a slight nod of her head, he asked as he limped around his desk and over towards Sofia, "After I killed your father's last remaining loyalists? Perhaps you overestimate the pleasure of your company."

Annabelle chuckled to herself, which got Arthur to glance over at the Original, while Sofia replied, "Oswald. You may think you have everything, but there is one thing you don't have. The Falcone name. A name that once accounted for all criminal activity in Gotham. As in, one-hundred percent."

Oswald scoffed as he said to her, "Now you're just rubbing it in."

While he quickly turned around and started to limp back to his desk, Sofia said to him, "I propose we have lunch somewhere public. By doing so, you'll show Gotham that you have the support of the Falcone family. And that should be enough to send those outlying criminal elements scurrying back under your umbrella."

Oswald silently stared at Sofia for a couple of seconds before he turned to look at Arthur as he said, "Mr. Penn, item number four on my to-do list."

Arthur flipped through the papers and looked for the fourth item on Oswald's to-do list, only to stop and quickly look over at Sofia before he looked back at Oswald and said, "Kill Sofia Falcone."

Annabelle chuckled to herself once more, due to the fact that the death of Sofia Falcone had made its way onto Oswald's to-do list.

While Sofia and Oswald didn't bother to pay Annabelle a glance, Arthur quickly looked over at the amused Original as Oswald nodded his head and said to him, "Add a question mark, will you?"