fifty nine | mandatory brunch meeting

Oswald was sitting in his home and thinking about how he could get back at Victor Zsasz because of Victor betraying him, only to stop when he heard knocking on his front door

He slowly stood from his chair and furrowed his eyebrows as he wondered who was at his home at that exact moment before he limped out of his dining room and over towards the front door.

Once he reached the front door, he opened it to see Annabelle Mikaelson standing on the other side of the door with her arms folded behind her back.

His eyes widened before he smiled and said to her, "Annabelle, I heard that you broke out of Arkham, but I feared that you got sent back there again."

She shook her head as she replied, "No, I haven't. I've just been busy helping out someone who was behind the massive breakout at Arkham, along with the two other partners in that scheme."

Oswald's eyebrows furrowed as he asked her, "What? Who are you talking about?"

That was when his eyes had widened.

He remembered that Jerome had gone to his cell and tried to have Oswald team up with him for his plans for Gotham, but he declined.

Then his eyes became even wider when he heard the familiar sound of Jerome's laughter before he said to her, "Please, tell me you didn't."

She replied, "I wish I hadn't, but I needed to get out and go after Sofia."

Oswald told her, "But Sofia was shot. She isn't a problem anymore."

She replied, "I already know that she was shot. Zsasz came to see me and told me that Leslie shot her twice— once in the stomach and once in the forehead— but that doesn't matter to me. She ruined the relationship I had with Zsasz and had me sent back to that damn place. I don't care about her being in a bloody coma. I want to rip her bloody head off, no matter the condition she's in."

Just as Oswald opened his mouth to respond, Annabelle stepped aside and Jerome— followed by Jervis and Jonathan— walked into Oswald's home.

Oswald stared at them in shock before he looked back at Annabelle and asked her, "A-Annabelle, what's the meaning of this?"

She replied, "Don't look at me. Valeska's the one that suggested we come here. This is all on him."

Oswald sighed before he asked her, "A-And you couldn't have, I don't know, told him not to come to my home?"

She scoffed as she replied, "Do you really take him for the type of person to listen to me? If he was, he would have listened when I told him to piss off all of those times I told him to do just that three years ago."

Oswald said to her, "B-But, Annabelle, you know what he did to me in Arkham. Are you really okay with him being inside of my home, where I sleep?"

She replied, "Calm down, will you? I'm here to make sure that he doesn't do anything else to you." When he opened his mouth to respond, she said to him, "Besides, I'm still your friend, Oswald. I won't let him bother you that way again."