forty two | smile like you mean it

While he waited for Jerome Valeska's body to get back to its core temperature, Dwight Pollard started to set up the machine and connect anything that was needed to Jerome

It was only when he was about to check on Jerome's body temperature that he heard a slightly familiar voice screaming threats and obscenities, which got him to quickly look up to see the same group that took Annabelle was bringing her into the same room as him.

Only this time, she was strapped to a metal chair that had chains and ropes tied around it.

Chains and ropes that were laced with vervain, which got Annabelle to try and fight even harder to break free from her entrapment.

During the few occasions in which she was on television a year prior, he never saw her be quite so angry with someone before, so it was incurring to see that, despite the controversy that was spoken amongst each other, Annabelle's veins weren't just editing that was done to make it more realistic.

They were real.

She was real.

She was an actual vampire that could apparently not be killed.

It wasn't until the group of people had put her chair down and left the room that he said to her, "Oh, Anna, you're here. You're just in time."

Annabelle started to fight even more against the chains and ropes as she said, "I swear if I hear one more person call me that horrid name, I'm going to rip their bloody throat out."

He was about to respond to her, only to stop when a man ran into the room and told him, "We're almost done loading the van. How are you doing?"

While he messed with the machine once more, Dwight replied, "Ding... dong... And we are... there."

It wasn't until that exact moment that Annabelle saw Jerome's body.

After staring at his body for a couple of seconds, she scoffed before she asked Dwight, "This is why you had me brought here? So you could have me watch you do whatever it is you're planning on doing with Valeska's body?"

Dwight quickly shook his head as he said to her, "Oh, no, that's not what I was doing. This is something entirely different."

She scoffed as she shook her head before she said to him, "Sure it is."

Dwight sighed in response before he leaned over Jerome and said to his body, "I hope you had a nice sleep. 'Cause we got a busy, busy day ahead. Hmm?"

Annabelle raised an eyebrow at him as she asked him, "Seriously? You're speaking to Valeska's dead body?" When he didn't respond, she asked him, "Are you mad?"

When he still didn't respond and simply messed around with some buttons on the machine, she only rolled her eyes and sighed to herself.

Her annoyance seemed to only grow, though, when Dwight yelled, "Well, hang on to your hats, folks! 'Cause you ain't seen nothing yet."