twelve | red hood

Annabelle sighed as she listened to the man on the stage fail at his attempt of doing stand-up comedy

She wanted nothing more than to go find her elder half-brother and get him to give her a dagger and some white oak ash, so she could dagger herself and not have to hear this man any longer.

It seemed that Annabelle wasn't the only one because not even halfway through his first joke, half of the audience in Oswald's nightclub had gotten up and left.

Annabelle wished she was one of those people and could leave whenever she wished but alas, she could do not such thing and could only pinch the bridge of her nose and start to shake her head, while the man on the stage said, "So the mortician says to the waitress— No, the waitress says to the mortician 'he was always stiff'."

Annabelle slowly raised her head and stared at the man on the stage with a blank look on her face before she started to repeatedly hit her head against the table she was sitting at.

An elderly man that was sitting at a table with a much younger woman said to her, "That's it. Let's go."

The man on the stage said, "Wait, no. Have a good night. See you next week, sir. Okay. That's fine, we got..."

Then another man said to one of Oswald's workers, "Check, please."

The other customers that hadn't left simply eyed Annabelle as she repeatedly hit her head against the table, while they wondered if they should ask if she was alright or to simply just leave her alone.

Fortunately for them, they decided to leave her alone.

If they bothered her, she would have most likely ripped their throats out.

Oswald only sighed when he saw all of the customers that were leaving and the fact that Annabelle was still hitting her head against the table without a care for the cracks that were forming after every hit the table had received before he looked over at the bar where three of his workers were quietly arguing with each other.

It was then that he limped over towards the bar and asked them, "What's wrong?"

While the two other workers walked away, the one that remained said as he stumbled over his words, "Mr. Penguin. I mean, the Penguin. I mean— I mean—"

Oswald raised his right hand before he asked the man, "What is it?"

The man told him, "We're out of booze."

Oswald's eyebrows furrowed as he said, "What? Hello? Behind you, there's a wall of booze."

The man told him, "Just colored water, sir. Always has been. We keep the real stuff down here, but we're out."

Oswald replied, "So, duh, order more."

The man said to him, "We did. It's just that—"

From the other end of the bar, Butch told Oswald, "It's Maroni's booze. And he's a little grumpy with you these days."