sixty three | no man's land

While Oswald tried his best to persuade Annabelle to not rip Hugo Strange's head off, Hugo said to himself, "No heartbeat

While Oswald tried his best to persuade Annabelle to not rip Hugo Strange's head off, Hugo said to himself, "No heartbeat. Extraordinary."

While Annabelle's veins started to come onto display, Oswald quietly said to her, "Annabelle, don't. We need him to cure Butch. If he's not alive, then I'm not alive, and I'm pretty sure you don't want another one of your friends dead, so we need him."

Annabelle replied, "You said I can't kill him now. You said nothing about whether or not I could kill him later."

Oswald sighed.

Just as he was about to say something else to her, Tabitha said to Hugo, "This better work."

As he turned to look at Tabitha, Hugo told her, "The chemicals that turned him into this beautiful specimen kept his organs surprisingly well-preserved. Once we flush his body with anti-toxin, we'll top him off with some fresh blood. And a quick jolt to the heart will see him good as new."

While Annabelle slowly breathed in and out in an attempt to not go over to Hugo and rip his head off, Tabitha walked closer to Butch and grabbed his hand with one of her own as she said to him, "You hear that? You're gonna be cured."

Butch replied, "Yeah."

It was then that Tabitha's phone started to ring, which got her to say after she accepted the incoming call, "What?"

While Annabelle watched Hugo and made sure not to take her eyes off of him, Oswald slowly uncurled her hand from a fist when he saw blood starting to drip from her closed hand.

Tabitha said, "When?"

Butch asked her, "What is it?"

Tabitha scoffed before she ended the call and put her phone away as she told Butch, "Selina's been shot by that lunatic Jeremiah. She's at Gotham General. I-I have to go. I'll be back."

Annabelle glanced over at Tabitha and watched as she quickly gathered her things, while Butch said to Tabitha, "Of course. You go check on the kid."

Tabitha replied, "What? No, she's in surgery. I'm gonna kill Jeremiah."

As he started to sit up on the cot, Butch said to her, "I'm coming with you."

Hugo told him, "I don't advise that. The procedure should not be interrupted."

While Annabelle slowly tilted her head and started to clench her hand into a fist again, Tabitha put a hand on Butch's chest as she said to him, "Stay."

As he let go of Annabelle's hand and limped over to them, Oswald told Tabitha, "Annabelle and I will be here. Making sure everything goes as planned." When Tabitha looked over at Oswald, he said to her, "I'm doing this for Butch. Not for you."

When Tabitha looked back at Butch and lightly grabbed the side of his face, Butch said to her, "It's okay."

As soon as Tabitha turned her back on them and quickly left the room, Hugo said to Annabelle, "Miss Mikaelson, I do hope that you're not too angry about what happened two years ago. I sure would like to continue—"