forty eight | the fear reaper

After dealing with yet another call from Arkham Asylum, Annabelle was more than glad when Oswald Cobblepot called her and asked her to be his personal guard after he was sprayed with fear gas the group had Jonathan Crane make for them

If anything, it gave her a chance to not focus on the fact that, despite it being three months since Jerome's threat and almost a month since she actually heard from Jerome, the threat held over Victor's head was still quite real.

After quickly agreeing to being Oswald's personal guard, she met up with him and joined him as he made his way to the GCPD, which was the reason why she was now walking behind Oswald and next to one of Oswald's men, with several reporters walking behind the two of them, while Oswald said after he limped into the precinct, "James Gordon. James Gordon?"

It was only when James looked up and over at Oswald that Oswald as he handed his cane to one of his men, "There you are."

Then he limped over towards where James was standing, while Harvey pointed a finger at James as he said, "Play nice."

James replied, "No."

Annabelle chuckled to herself as she followed Oswald and one of his men up the stairs towards where James and Harvey were standing.

As Oswald made a right turn and limped over towards where James was standing, he said, "I see you've caught one of them. What about the other fellow?"

James replied, "I have no idea who you're talking about."

Oswald said to him, "Jonathan Crane? People share with me because they trust me to get things done. Unlike you. So, this boy who created this lethal toxin which almost killed me, where is he?"

James told him, "Whereabouts unknown, for now."

Oswald chuckled before he said, "Why am I not surprised? I mean, really, the only thing the GCPD knows how to do well is fail."

Harvey asked Oswald, "What is a penguin? A bird or a mammal?"

Oswald told him, "Bird. It is a bird."

As he held up a newspaper, Harvey asked, "Like a chicken?"

Annabelle chuckled yet again, which got Oswald to look over and glare at her, while Harvey held up the newspaper to the reporters as they laughed.

It was then that Oswald quickly turned to look at the reporters as he said, "Time and time again, the GCPD expose themselves for what they truly are. An outdated, ineffectual and corrupt institution. How much longer must our citizens suffer their incompetence?"

James retorted, "This coming from a man who takes money from criminals in exchange for a license allowing them to victimize innocent people."

As he quickly looked over at James, Oswald replied, "And it is working. Jim, why can't you see that I am not here to destroy your beloved GCPD, but to save it?" After looking back at the reporters, he said, "And through that, Gotham."