↳˗ˏˋ one ˊˎ˗↴

———— ANXIETY SUCKED

———— ANXIETY SUCKED.

[y/n] never considered herself to be an outwardly anxious person. but, today of all days, her brain decided to go against her. she was beyond nervous, considering she was starting her new job today. what if this didn't go well? what if they decided she wasn't a good fit and fired her? or worse, the team absolutely hated her?

all these thoughts swam inside her brain, clouding her rational thinking. she almost got on the wrong train because of it, but figured it out the last second. "pull yourself together, holy fuck," she whispered to herself, hand loosening its grip on the strap of her bag.

she was starting a new, kind-of temporary position with the japan national team. she was extremely blessed to have been offered the position to begin with, so she was trying to not mess it up. she was joining as an assistant athletic trainer and social media manager.

she graduated summa cum laude from the university of miami with a double major in athletic training and public relations. neither had anything to do with the other, but she had interest in both and decided it would be worth having something to fall back on if the other didn't pull through job-search wise. she was working at the tokyo campus of the nippon sport science university as an instructor.

[y/n] was considered to be impressive, since she was easily the youngest athletic training instructor at the university. she was only twenty three, but she was skilled. when she received the offer to join the japan national team, she was beyond thrilled and also extremely scared. it wasn't every day that a twenty three year old newly graduated student got this amazing opportunity. she was scared of fucking it up. but, she had to make the most of it, and she would.

she arrived at the training facility and pulled out the keycard that was mailed to her prior, tapping it against the reader and opening the door once it unlocked. she was greeted by the front desk receptionist and escorted to the administrative floor. she sat patiently as she waited for her new boss to come get her, seeing a few people walking around. they were preparing the team for the olympics coming up, so she knew there was a lot of work to be done. it'd definitely get crazier once the games get closer. "[y/n] [l/n]?" she looked up to meet a woman's gaze and smiled, nodding as she stood up. "nice to meet you, i'm mihara akane, director of operations for the japan national team. please, come with me." they walked into an office and [y/n] took a seat, mihara taking one across from her.

"it's very nice to meet you. your office is beautiful."

"thank you," mihara smiled, opening the manila folder with [y/n]'s information in it. "alright, congratulations on your new role. we're all very excited to have you here! all your professors and employers have highly recommended you, and we know you'll do an amazing job. i wanted to go ahead and let you know that your main position is for the social media manager, but we have also brought you on as an assistant athletic trainer. as you know, there are many different sports that we participate in at the olympics, and we have over five hundred athletes that we are taking this year. everyone has their work cut out for them," she said, grabbing a box from beneath the desk and handing it to [y/n]. "these are for you! it's your company-issued laptop and cellphone, as well as uniform polos and some extra goodies. we will be placing you primarily with the volleyball division, but you'll obviously bounce around from each one. do you have any questions?"

"no, you've done an amazing job at simplifying it for me. thank you."

"fantastic! alright, why don't i show you where your office is and then introduce you to the team?" [y/n] nodded and they headed out.

[y/n] had a reasonably sized office with a huge window and a beautiful view; something she wasn't expecting for her role. she also was given a desk down in the athletic training department that she'd be shown later. after she set her things down, mihara took her to the team room, where the players were sitting in the movie-theater like seating, talking amongst each other. they looked like they just got out of practice. mihara stepped into the room first, walking to the podium and tapping the microphone. "good afternoon, everyone. sorry to keep you for a few extra minutes, but i wanted to formally introduce you to the newest member of our team!" the players whispered in curiosity and excitement. "[y/n] [l/n]!"

[y/n] slowly walked in, waving nervously at everyone before taking her spot next to mihara. "[y/n] will be joining us as our new social media manager, as well as our assistant athletic trainer! please give her a warm welcome." there was a decent applause, and mihara gestured for [y/n] to step up to the microphone to say a few words. she was about to decline, but decided it wasn't any different than teaching back at the sport science university.

"thank you all for the warm welcome, and i appreciate the opportunity i've been presented with. i will do my best."

up in the seats furthest away from the front, the male with grey spiked hair discreetly tapped the knee of the blonde haired boy, who was also tapping the blue haired boy and the orange-haired boy. the stoic-looking one and the mask-wearing one ignored them initially, but their interest piqued when they heard the grey-haired one speak.

"guys, i want her to suffocate me with her thighs."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒