↳˗ˏˋ twenty three ˊˎ˗↴

———— SHE BECAME ACQUAINTED TO THE LOCKER ROOM

[y/n] found that the locker room was very relaxing. not sure how or why, but whenever she started to get stressed, she went and sat on the floor by the showers. people were rarely in there, so it's not like she was disturbing anyone.

she also just knew the training schedules like the back of her hand at this point, so she knew when there wasn't going to be anyone to disturb her.

she was sitting by the showers once again, twirling her phone in her hand as she just took a breather. everything was coming down to the seconds at this point, with the games getting underway. she knew some of the teams from other countries had started arriving which stressed her the fuck out. it wasn't even so much that she would have to do any work for them, but rather the realization that she was really here and this was really happening. it was a lot.

[y/n] legitimately almost fell asleep sitting there until she heard the door slam open, making her jump a bit. she raised a brow; basically everyone was off facility today, who the hell was here?

whoever it was seemed kind of frustrated, but also alarmingly silent. she had two options: leave quietly or see what was wrong. she was about to pick option one until said person came around to the showers, shrieking when they saw her sitting on the floor. "jesus christ, [y/n], why the fuck are you sitting by the showers? why are you even in here?"

"i should be asking you the same thing. aren't you guys offsite today?"

"i fell on my shoulder so i came back early."

"oh shit bokuto, are you alright?"

"yeah, i was just going to shower and then hop in the sauna, maybe the heat will help. why are you in here?"

"oh, i sit in here whenever i get stressed out," she nodded slowly. they both awkwardly blinked before she realized she probably should've headed out. "oh, right, i should-"

"no! i mean, you don't have to-"

"it's okay, you probably want to shower in peace," she said, getting off the floor. "i will leave you to it."

"oh, wait!" she turned her head. "could you check my shoulder?"

"yeah," she nodded, coming back over. "sit on the bench. you can take off your shirt completely or just leave it on one side." he opted for full removal, so once his shirt was off, she brought her hands to his shoulder.

"fuck," he winced.

"sorry," she ripped her hands away.

"it's okay, i just wasn't expecting it to hurt that bad," he chuckled. she moved her hands back, a little more gentle this time.

"you wanna use my leg as a stress ball?"

"i- what?"

"just squeeze my leg if it hurts."

"again, what?"

"in the event that something is out of place, i might have to pop it back in. you're going to want to accept my offer."

"... okay," he said, bringing one of his hands to her thigh, right on top of her knee. she moved her hands back to his shoulder, feeling around to make sure it was okay. she felt him squeeze her leg a few times, some of them a little harder than the others. once she finished, she looked at him.

"well, good news is it's not a sprain. it's a little swollen, but nothing major. you'll be okay. after you get out of the sauna, take some pain meds and ice it. no practice tomorrow, let it heal. got it?"

"fine," he pouted, his hair falling a bit to match his somber mood.

"you'll be fine for one day, you big baby," she ruffled his hair, laughing.

"thanks, [y/n]," he said, giving her leg one last squeeze as he stood up, looking down at her, "you're the best."

"mhm," she absentmindedly said, her eyes trailing down his abdomen. she heard him smirk and snapped out of it, looking up to see his eyes. "hey."

"hey."

"i was, uh-"

"mhm," he mocked, running a finger up her arm.

"how long before everyone else gets back?"

"maybe an hour," he continued drawing little circles on her skin.

"hm," she smirked, spinning on her heel. she went towards the sauna, seeing it was lockable from the inside. it was barely on, so it was just comfortable enough. "bokuto?"

"yeah?"

"you coming?"

"don't gotta ask me twice," he grinned, shoving her inside and locking the door.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

not that anyone cares but fun fact ab me
i pre write so for every chap i write, i post one
there's ten chapters in the drafts w no end in sight rn lmao

also 4.5k reads wtf y'all are insane tysm 😭🖤