↳˗ˏˋ twenty five ˊˎ˗↴

———— THERE WAS ANOTHER STAFF MEETING

she sat bored in the chair, tapping the end of her pen against the notebook as she listened to whatever they were talking about. iwaizumi and kuroo had joined her earlier, and they were equally as bored, even playing tic-tac-toe on her notebook since she was sitting between them. they ended up readjusting the lines so all three of them could play, now completely engrossed in their game that was surely to fail, but who cares? this was the most interesting thing to happen all day.

"iwaizumi, kuroo, [l/n], is there something you all wanted to discuss?" mihara asked. the three snapped their heads up like kids caught sneaking candy to their bedrooms.

"no," they responded. mihara raised a brow but continued with the meeting, the three silently laughing as they returned to their game. after another fifteen or so minutes, they were released. the three headed out together, making plans for later.

"we always go out to eat. not that i mind, but my diet can only take so much," [y/n] told them.

"we can't just go drinking, the idiots need food if they're going to survive the night," iwaizumi pointed out. they all silently agreed as they walked into the cafeteria.

"isn't there a karaoke bar near your place?" [y/n] asked.

"oh yeah, there is," kuroo nodded.

"the last time we did karaoke, bokuto and atsumu fell off the mini stage and sprained their ankles," iwaizumi deadpanned.

"keep them off the stage?" [y/n] chuckled.

"fair enough," kuroo replied. "hey, [y/n]. i never did get to ask, but your apartment."

"yeah, what about it?" she raised a brow, looking through the selection of food to see what she was feeling today.

"how much is rent per month?" he inquired, picking up a fruit cup.

"why, you planning on moving in?" she chuckled.

"maybe," he whistled.

"that's right, you don't stay around here," iwaizumi snapped his fingers.

"no, i live over by shinjuku," [y/n] told him.

"isn't that, like, an hour train ride?" iwa asked as he grabbed a drink.

"forty five minutes to here, forty five minutes to nittaidai."

"oh, so you're pretty close to central tokyo, then," kuroo said.

"yeah! i like it a lot, and taking the train isn't terrible, so i don't mind. i live in a 2LDK, so my rent is about 275,000 yen (roughly 2.4k USD) a month, and the move in fee was about 1.26m yen (roughly 10k USD)."

"not bad for the area, plus you have two bedrooms and two bathrooms."

"oh, there's only one bathroom."

kuroo blinked. "but you showered."

"yeah?"

"how did you and i shower at the same time if there's only one bathroom?"

"i'm thoroughly confused," iwaizumi said.

"i took her home that night everyone else got wasted so she didn't go home alone. she made me stay over since it was late," kuroo explained.

"i showered next door! my neighbor is currently on some self-discovery and spiritual healing trip around africa so she gave me the key to water her plants and keep up with the cleaning. she said i could hang over there whenever i wanted, so i use the shower over there when i have guests."

"damn, i would love to visit morocco," iwaizumi said. they planted themselves on the gym floor; a common occurrence as of late.

"is nittadai still paying you?" kuroo asked.

[y/n] finished chewing her food and swallowed before answering, "technically yes? i'm just taking a salary cut because i'm teaching part time online, so i'm paid per class now instead of salary."

"that kind of sucks," iwaizumi pointed out, mouth full.

"swallow your food before you talk," she scolded, handing him a napkin when she saw some sauce on the corner of his mouth. "it's fine, this job is paying pretty good so i'm doing alright. rent is still covered."

"you going back after this is over?"

[y/n] shrugged, taking a sip of her water, "it's the safe choice."

"but?"

"i really like this," she gestured to the area, "and i love getting to work with actual athletes every day. i'm using both my majors, you know? who gets to say they did all that damn schoolwork and it paid off? this was a really lucky shot for me, and it sucks to think that i won't find an opportunity like this again once this is over."

"i'm sure something will come for you," kuroo said, and she smiled, nodding her head. there was a sudden slamming of feet behind her as well as hands thrown over her eyes to cover them. "oh god."

"i already know it's suna," [y/n] deadpanned, smacking his wrist.

"goddammit, how do you guess right every single time?" suna groaned, flopping down behind her, resting his back against hers as he leaned his head back against her shoulder.

"i saw your bracelet," she chuckled.

"are you guys having a heart to heart? did we interrupt?" hinata asked.

"no, we're just eating," iwaizumi said. a few of the others soon came and sat.

[y/n] slid her fruit cup to kageyama since he was eyeing it so aggressively, "how was practice, guys?"

"it was fine, but i'm fucking exhausted," hakuba whined, resting his head against her thigh.

"you guys are the biggest whiners i've ever met," she shook her head, patting his head. "also, why am i literally being treated like a chair?"

"you're comfy," suna sighed.

"i want the other thigh, move your damn bird legs kageyama," atsumu shoved the junior away, resting his head on her other thigh.

"i just want one day of peace," she flatly stated.

"maybe one day," kageyama shrugged, tossing a grape to hinata.

"hey, karaoke tonight," kuroo told them.

"the last time we went to karaoke-" hinata started, but atsumu sent his hand flying at his face.

"shut up," atsumu growled.

"i already know what happened," [y/n] grabbed his wrist and brought his arm back to his side. "it'll be fun! there's, like, four days left until we leave."

"i guess," atsumu sighed.

"i hate karaoke," suna told them.

"well now you're going to like it, dammit," [y/n] sassed.

"okay, mom," he rolled his eyes, feeling her hand reach up and smack his arm. "ow, what the hell?"

"i felt that eye roll."

"she's a witch!"

"... one day of peace, someday."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

here's your daily fun fact ab me that no one cares ab
i'm viet

good morning / night !