↳˗ˏˋ thirty six ˊˎ˗↴

———— SHOWTIME

———— SHOWTIME.

[y/n] brought her stuff to her seat, getting herself settled for the game. she changed into her uniform in the bathroom, returning to see kuroo setting his things down. "enjoy your beauty sleep?" she teased, avoiding the rolled up paper coming at her head.

"very funny," he rolled his eyes, chuckling softly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. "anything interesting happen?"

"saw oikawa," she shrugged, "he said he's going to watch the game."

"ah, yeah. his team lost earlier, but it's still early," kuroo nodded. iwaizumi walked over towards them, leaning against the barrier.

"you guys talking shit about me?" he raised a brow.

"the opposite, actually. we were talking about how amazing your arms look in your polo," kuroo told him.

"yes, iwaizumi is big and iwaizumi is strong," [y/n] nodded.

"look at those broad shoulders. you could land planes on those fuckers," kuroo agreed.

"i've been needing a new necklace," [y/n] ran her tongue between her teeth.

"seriously, dude. how much do you lift? you're practically busting at the seams. and your chest? very nice," kuroo added.

"can i pay you to let me squeeze your mommy milkers?" [y/n] tilted her head.

"fuck squeezing, i need my face suffocating between them right the fuck now," kuroo scoffed.

"me first," [y/n] pouted.

"ugh, i know, it's so hard being me," iwaizumi sighed. "but really though, do i look good?"

"you both always look good. i always look like an awkward, disfigured doll," [y/n] pursed her lips.

"who said that?" they questioned in unison.

"i'll fuck someone up, don't even try me," iwaizumi fumed.

"no, because i'm going to start swinging," kuroo added.

"it was my personal opinion," [y/n] quickly told them.

"bitch, the fuck? you always look good, don't play yourself," iwaizumi smacked her arm.

"... yeah, i'm going to need you to stop trying to have conversations with eiko and asami immediately," kuroo snorted.

"that was extremely uncomfortable, i need the police immediately," [y/n] shivered, iwaizumi placing his fingers on his temples.

"migraines. migraines!" he exclaimed, now walking away to prevent himself from unaliving himself.

"what a drama queen," [y/n] shook her head, kuroo letting out a laugh.

"that's our best friend."

"don't say it so loud, people might start feeling sorry for us."

[y/n] and kuroo continued to chat idly as they waited for the game to begin. the stands started filling up a bit. from other countries athletes to bystanders, it was starting to get pretty full. oikawa had, at some point, weaseled his way to where they were sitting and joined them, making small talk as they waited.

iwaizumi had been watching the boys warm up, helping with any stretching or taping they needed. he turned his head to look over at where [y/n] was sitting, seeing she was between kuroo and oikawa. kuroo was seemingly distracted on his phone, but the way oikawa conversed with [y/n] irked him a bit.

it had been years since they'd seen each other, and yet, here the bastard was, still charming women just as easily as he did in high school. it normally didn't bother him, but the fact that it was [y/n] this time made his head hurt. for once, he just wished oikawa could've stopped being so damn charming.

"iwa, can you tape my ankle?" bokuto came over and asked, snapping iwaizumi out of his thoughts. "you alright?"

"yeah, i'm fine," iwaizumi muttered, grabbing tape out of the bag as he gestured for bokuto to hop up on the table.

"something's bothering you," bokuto stated. "and i think it has to do with oikawa. you worried he's going to get to [y/n]?" he asked quietly.

"the damn idiot has always been so smooth, so i wouldn't be surprised if he succeeded. but, i can't exactly stop him. not like i own her."

"none of us do, but we all like her. there's this second nature to want to protect her, y'know? she's our friend."

"yeah, i guess you're right. but, she'd kill us for that mindset."

"oh, a hundred percent."

"alright, get back out there. you guys got, like, three minutes before the game starts," iwaizumi finished up, stepping aside so bokuto could retie his shoe and hop off the table, jogging back out onto the court.

"who do you think will take this match?" oikawa asked.

"could be either of them, but i have a lot of faith in our team. venezuela's middle blockers are on the weaker side when put up against our hitters. but, it could be anyone's game," [y/n] stated.

"damn, have some more team spirit, [y/n]," kuroo nudged her arm. "we're taking it. no doubt."

"what wasted talent, kuroo. wish you still played; i would've loved to battle you," oikawa sighed.

"i miss it a little, but i make the same amount of money with less effort, so i'll take what i got now," kuroo snickered.

the two continued to chat as [y/n] dug through her bag, trying to find her portable charger. she found it attached to a wristband at the bottom, eyebrow raised as she pulled it out. she glanced at it for about ten seconds before realizing it was suna's. she glanced down at the court, seeing suna standing there tapping his wrist awkwardly. she groaned and looked to see where iwaizumi was, but he was out of earshot.

"welcome to pool a for today's match between team japan and team venezuela," the announcer's voice boomed through the court.

"fuck," she muttered, unsure of how she was going to get the sweatband down there without getting in trouble.

she glanced between the band and the court, and, in a last-resort attempt, she pulled the band between her two pointer fingers and aimed at suna, flinging the band across the floor.

it hit him in the leg.

suna jumped a bit, glancing down at the floor to see his sweatband. he looked up, seeing [y/n] covering her face in embarrassment as kuroo and oikawa stifled their laughs. he picked up the band and put it on his wrist, giving [y/n] a thumbs up before returning his focus to the start of the game. iwaizumi looked over at [y/n], giving her a wink before looking back on the court. he noticed suna was off, so he was glad she managed to figure it out.

[y/n] sunk in the chair a bit as she took a breath, phone in hand, ready to go.

"let the match begin!"

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

i heard sunas dub and almost passed out

58 k ! thank you guys sm 🖤