↳˗ˏˋ seven ˊˎ˗↴

———— [Y/N] DIDN'T THINK SHE WAS TOO POPULAR

the other employees at the facility always gave her sideways looks. everyone was nice, but it seemed fake. when she had gone down to the athletic training department to observe, the other trainers kept a bit of distance from her. was it because she was new and they had previously known each other? or did they not like the way the boys stole glances when she wasn't looking? either way, it was a little bothersome.

"hey, [y/n]!" iwaizumi waved. she gave him a small smile and a nod, making her way over to where he was. "so, how're you feeling about everything?"

"it's a lot to take in, but exciting."

"definitely takes some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of all the madness in no time."

"iwa, can you wrap my ankle?" atsumu whined, leaning against the table with a roll of tape in his hand.

"y'know what, how about you let [y/n] do it?" iwaizumi suggested, and atsumu's eyes flashed over to the girl, a smirk growing on his face.

"sure," he tossed the tape to [y/n], who caught it and watched as he hopped up on the table.

"you get paid to teach people how to do it, so obviously you've got to be good at it," iwaizumi offered.

[y/n] shrugged a bit, gently touching atsumu's leg to adjust it to where she'd be able to comfortably wrap it, "i mean, i guess." she began wrapping his ankle, iwaizumi and atsumu watching in awe at how fast she worked. even the other trainers glanced over to see her work, and they had to admit: she was damn good. once finished, she gestured for iwaizumi to take a look, and he did a full take.

"this is some of the best taping i've seen. no open spots, tight in the right spot for support, very clean cuts. it's a shame you're mostly in administrative."

"you've got an amazing team down here; i don't think i would've gotten the job if you didn't. it's only assisting, anyways. i get to be a little more authoritative up in admin," she joked.

"iwa, you're never touching my ankles ever again," atsumu dutifully declared, and iwa rolled his eyes before smacking his arm, pointing at the court as if to tell atsumu to get back to practice. "oh, whatever," atsumu grumbled, putting his shoe back on and trudging back onto the court, rejoining the others who had, unbeknownst to them, been watching the interaction.

yaku's eyes bore into iwaizumi's head, an annoyed twitch in his right eye as his mouth curved into a pout. "he's a damn menace."

"he is not playing fair at all!" bokuto cried, kageyama hitting him upside the head.

"stop treating her like a game; she's a person and deserves respect as one."

"you lost all speaking rights. shut up," suna curtly stated.

"i just want one day of peace," hinata shook his head, snapping his fingers to get everyone's attention. "hey, if we don't get back to practice, iwa's gonna make us run suicides again." everyone's face changed immediately after the mention of iwa's agonizing running punishments, quickly returning to practice.

[y/n] had been watching the boys, and after a few minutes, she thought of something. she messaged mihara, not expecting such a quick reply. but, her idea was approved, so that's all that matters. "hey, would you be able to get the athletes in the meeting room after practice?"

iwaizumi nodded, crossing his arms. "yeah, i think i can manage."

"perfect, thank you so much. i need to go see mihara real quick, so i'll see you later!" [y/n] chirped, heading off to her admin office.

she met with mihara, discussing everything for the idea she had come up with, and, once everything was settled, she went to her office to get a few things done. around four, she went to the meeting room, setting her things down as she waited for the athletes to pile in. after about fifteen or so minutes, everyone made it in, so she began.

"hey everyone! i know this is probably the last thing you want to do right after practice, but it won't take long, i promise. as you know, i am the social media manager. to a lot of people, you may think that means i am watching your every move, but i'm not. we're all adults here, you're free to do what you want.

i am more so in charge of adverts and promo, so i just wanted to let everyone know that the japan national team will have tiktok, instagram, twitter, facebook, and snapchat accounts as of today. these are going to be a team thing, and there will be devices that everyone will share to access them. we will be filming your national team introductions and taking official photos in two days. and, uh, yeah. that's about it. you're all free to go!"

"i will obviously go viral on tiktok. i mean, look at me," bokuto held his arms out.

hinata rolled his eyes, "yeah, okay. you'll go viral for doing something stupid."

"do you wanna fight?" bokuto glared at him in a threatening manner.

"oh, hey [y/n]," yaku said, seeing her make her way to where they were sitting.

"hey guys. you don't think it's a bad idea, right?" she asked.

"i mean, you are the social media manager. can't exactly manage social media if we don't have any," yaku chuckled.

"i guess you're right."

"aw, it'll be fun! we have to wait for the official team announcement to talk about us being on the national team, but we make videos and stuff on our own accounts, so this'll be fun to do as a team thing," bokuto smiled.

"i'm not doing anything stupid," sakusa flatly stated.

"aw, come on omi-omi! don't be such a downer," atsumu went to place a hand on sakusa's shoulder, and he quickly dodged, standing off to the side.

"don't touch me."

"well, after we get the official photos back and i put them out, we can start. make sure you're all cleaned up for the team photos," [y/n] teased, glancing at the time on her watch. "alright, i gotta go do a quick zoom class, so i'll see you all tomorrow."

"zoom class?" aran questioned.

"nittadai asked if i could do one or two zoom sessions a week for the upper-level practical classes. today we're working on taping."

"hey, you think you might need an assistant?" bokuto quickly offered. [y/n] pursed her lips, and then shrugged.

"sure, why not? just to forewarn you, i'm very aggressive with taping."

"i think i can handle it," bokuto cooly scoffed, and atsumu shook his head.

"i'll see you guys tomorrow, then. let's go, bokuto. i can't be late," [y/n] said, giving the others a wave and heading out. bokuto turned his head to look at the boys, a devilish smirk on his face as he flipped them all off, trotting off behind [y/n].

"absolutely insufferable," yaku sighed.

"agreed," the others echoed.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒