↳˗ˏˋ nine ˊˎ˗↴

———— IT WAS STARTING TO GET REAL

it was certainly a lot once they got to the promotional shoot. she had basically pestered everyone to get a haircut if needed and shower before the photos. organizing everyone was an extreme sport in itself; she had to do it by sport, in alphabetical order.

this would've been easier if she had about two to three days to get everyone's photos taken, edited, and uploaded, but the pictures had to be done today and had to be posted to social media tomorrow. she was working on a very tight schedule.

so tight, in fact, that she had gotten the practice schedules of all of the teams a day in advanced to get it all over and done with. and so, there she was at three am, tiredly strolling into the office and getting her shit together to meet up with the photographers in the allotted space they were designated. backdrops were put up, cameras and lights set up, and one girl to get over five hundred athletes in and out in less than sixteen hours.

she thought she was going to die.

the teams that practiced early in the morning were up first, which was relatively simple. she sat in a directors-style chair, calling everyone's names in alphabetical order to help them get lined up to speed up the process. by breakfast, all of the water sports were done, as well as the cycling sports.

[y/n] sat restlessly in the chair as she shoved bites of a lemon poppyseed muffin in her mouth, practically squeezing the life out of her iced latte. six shots of espresso, she asked for. there was still a long ways to go. her mouth was full when the next team came in; she nearly choked trying to yell everyone's names in order.

at some point, she almost dared beg one of the photography assistants to take over for her so she could take a quick power nap, but, as hard as she worked, the devil worked harder.

mihara strolled in right as she was about to fall to her knees in front of a poor nineteen year old girl. [y/n] quickly straightened up, giving mihara a smile when they made eye contact. "how's it going?" mihara asked, glancing down at the clipboard in [y/n]'s lap. it was meticulously color coded, highlighted, and there were even notes. mihara was colored impressed.

"pretty good! there's a shining shot we might be done by five," [y/n] confidently stated, and mihara nodded.

"good job, this is looking great so far!" and with that, she left. [y/n] watched as she left, and once confirming she was out of earshot, she let out a loud groan and slumped back in the chair.

"ms. [l/n], is there anything that you are needing assistance with?" one of the assistants, mayumi, asked. she looked no older than eighteen, and, from her slightly petrified stature, she was definitely new.

"could you possibly find out how many of the photos have already been edited?"

"yes of course! i'll be right back," the girl aggressively nodded, heading off to the bigger conference room, where a small team of editors were working to quickly touch up all the minor flaws on the athletes, as well as adjust some lighting. the girl returned shortly after, tapping her finger against her palm as if she was trying to remember something. "according to ren, of the roughly two hundred photos we've taken so far, about a hundred and thirty have been edited and uploaded to the computer file you specified."

"perfect, thank you so much!"

two hundred photos down. three hundred more to go.

by lunch, another hundred and fifty photos were taken, and the amount of edited photos was up to about two hundred.

[y/n] had never craved a dessert more in her life. but, when entering the cafeteria for lunch, her eyes landed directly on a slice of cake, and she practically sprinted for it. she held the plate close to her chest as she also got some real food, settling for a seat in the corner by a window, taking a moment for herself before beginning to eat. it wasn't long before there was a shadow looming, and she looked up to meet kuroo's signature grin. "hey," she said.

"mind if i sit?"

"go ahead." she watched as he took a seat, placing his lunch down and taking a sip of water before continuing the conversation.

"heard you've been having a grand time today," he began, a little teasing tone laced in, "six shot latte, eh?"

"ooh, i knew she was going to tell someone! she looked at me like i was crazy when i ordered it!" [y/n] pouted. kuroo's eyes landed on the clipboard beside her, eyebrow raising slightly as the colorful mess.

"is that the master list of all the athletes?"

"yes, organized by sport and last name in alphabetical order. administration is last, but mihara said not to worry too much about those."

"damn, guess i won't get the honor of disrupting your mojo in your element then," he joked, [y/n] throwing a crumpled napkin at him before taking a sip of her water. "in all seriousness though, this is a lot. you're doing great so far. i got to sneak a peek at some of the finished photos; they look good."

"thank you, i appreciate it." they were silent for a moment, eating their food. kuroo quietly tapped a finger against the table, finally working up some nerve to speak again.

"hey, so, i was wondering if maybe you-"

"ms. [l/n]!" kuroo and [y/n] turned to see who called her name, seeing one of the photography assistants.

"hi, mayumi. is everything alright?" [y/n] asked, hand shaking a bit. kuroo noticed but chose not to point it out.

"uhm, mihara stopped by and... well... she- uh-"

"just tell me, i have nothing else to live for," [y/n] painfully whispered.

"she wants individual sports team photos, as well as one big photo of all the athletes, and one with the staff."

"she wants forty six team photos."

"yes."

"and one big japan national team photo."

"yes."

"with all five hundred athletes and one hundred staff."

"... yes."

[y/n] typically wasn't a violent person. but today, she felt she had an excuse. she snatched the clipboard off the table and practically shoved the chair so far back, it nearly toppled over. "hey, [y/n]? take a breather here," kuroo cautiously said.

her manicured fingers tapped aggressively against her company phone screen, and soon, everyone's phones buzzed with a new mass message.

all teams that haven't taken individual photos are required to come to room 1425 by three pm. individual team photos start at three thirty.

a second buzz.

ALL ATHLETES IN GYM AT FOUR THIRTY FOR TEAM PHOTO.

a third buzz.

ALL STAFF IN GYM AT FIVE FOR STAFF PHOTO.

the final buzz.

EVERYONE IN THE GYM STAYS IN THE GYM.
JAPAN NATIONAL TEAM PHOTO AT FIVE FIFTEEN.

"sorry to run out on you like this. lunch on me next week," [y/n] sweetly said to kuroo, running out of the cafeteria.

kuroo couldn't help but watch as she ran out, eyes bouncing between a few other tables as they also watched her leave. he felt his blood boil as some began to speak objectively about her once she was out of earshot, and he found himself slamming a hand on the table of men who were being the loudest.

"if you can't learn to respect women the easy way, i can gladly show you the hard way."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒