↳˗ˏˋ fifteen ˊˎ˗↴

———— SHE COULD SENSE TROUBLE IN HER BONES

she was correct.

the moment she had started her workout, their loud voices overtook the music in her headphones.

oh christ.

"don't mind us, [y/n]! we're just working out," bokuto called out to her. she raised a brow, shaking her head as she continued to do her warmup. being in the gym with a bunch of guys was nothing new for her, so she knew how to tune them out.

"oh, what're you guys doing here?" iwaizumi came into the training room, seeing all the guys were there.

"we're working out," atsumu said, gesturing to bokuto on the flat bench doing bench presses, him and hinata spotting. iwaizumi spotted a flash of color in his peripheral vision, glancing to see [y/n] warming up on the opposite side.

"i see. well, i'm also working out, so maybe we can all work on your cores today," he smirked.

"oh, no, that's okay iwa! we're just getting in a little session-" hinata started, but iwaizumi cut him off.

"nonsense! it's great that you guys are so dedicated to your physical health, especially now that it's getting closer to the games! come on, everyone. get warmed up! we're doing core," he grinned.

"goddammit, you bastards! now look what you've done," yaku hissed, reluctantly warming up.

"i say we blame kageyama," suna whistled.

"it was literally his idea," komori deadpanned, pointing at komori, who was warming up with ushijima.

"how did no one know this was iwa's workout time?" aran asked. they all began to ponder why no one knew, as if iwa wasn't always working out. "whatever. i just hope it's nothing crazy."

"everyone warmed up?" iwa asked. after a bland chorus of yes', he hit play on the speaker and music began blasting. "we'll start simple. find a partner. time for sit ups!"

[y/n] glanced over at the boys every so often, chuckling quietly to herself whenever they began to struggle with iwaizumi's workouts. she was working on mild core and lower body today, so she knew she wouldn't get in their way. she had just finished barbell hip thrusts when her music stopped and her ringtone started going off. she glanced at her apple watch, accepting the call. "hello?"

"bitch!" the person on the other end yelled, followed by some very intense screaming. [y/n] turned the volume down, rubbing her temple as she tried to calm them down. once they were done, they took a breath and contained themselves. "hi my love, how are you doing?"

"i'm doing alright, considering you just screamed in my ear," she laughed. the familiar facetime ring came through, so she answered and set the phone up, returning to her set up to begin her bulgarian split squats. "okay, what's up, nova? isn't it, like, two am at home?"