↳˗ˏˋ thirty one ˊˎ˗↴

———— THERE WAS A LOT GOING ON

not that [y/n] would've known, since she went and took a long nap after lunch. she woke up around dinner time, eiko flipping through some random magazine she found. "what time is it?" [y/n] asked.

"dinner time. we were waiting for you to wake up," eiko absentmindedly replied, still flipping through the magazine.

"why didn't you just wake me up?"

"i don't know, i feel like you'd start swinging on me," eiko snorted, dropping the magazine on her bed. "c'mon, asami keeps taping her own damn foot and if i have to hear tape rip one more time, i'm going to lose my mind."

[y/n] forced herself up and went to the bathroom to freshen up before they dragged asami out to the food hall. the three barely stepped foot inside when nova had yelled for them. "took you long enough!" nova exclaimed, making her way over. "go get food, i'll find a table."

the food hall was now littered with athletes and staff with barely any room to breathe, much less get food. it was practically a fight to get anything, so the three settled for whatever they could easily access. once they were satisfied with their trays, they tracked nova down and sat down with her. "that was a shit show."

"oh, i know. i had to con one of my athletes to get food for me," nova snorted, stabbing her fork into a potato wedge, "but worth it, because now i have potatoes."

"i have no clue what i got," asami stared at her plate.

"the stew is maafe and it looks like you also have jollof rice. uh, i wanna say those are mashed potatoes. but, at least you have vegetables!" nova shrugged. "did you guys just walk around the entire place and get whatever?"

"yeah, pretty much," eiko chuckled, her plate also an interesting assortment.

"not that i mind, food is food," [y/n] added, stealing one of nova's potato wedges, getting slapped on the hand with the fork in return.

"so, you guys see one of the athletes from spain walking around with a giant duffel bag of condoms?" nova asked.

"girl, what?" asami choked.

"yeah, he was just passing them out," nova pulled a few out of her jacket pocket.

[y/n] laughed at asami's shocked expression, "i mean, at least everyone's being safe?"

"not going to lie; if i don't hook up with at least one person here, will i have even had a full olympics experience?" eiko told them.

"apparently not," nova laughed. "the guys on your volleyball team are hot, though. hook me up with someone, i don't care who."

"[y/n] is the easier in. she's friends with all of them," eiko shrugged.

"speaking of, did you ever take my advice?" nova asked, turning to look at [y/n], who slowly shoved a broccoli floret in her mouth. nova's eyes widened, now turning her entire body towards the girl. "tell me, tell me right now!"