↳˗ˏˋ sixty ˊˎ˗↴

———— LONG DAYS AHEAD

[y/n] dragged her feet as she walked into the cafeteria, spotting suna and kuroo sitting at a table. she didn't say a word as she grabbed a coffee and slumped into the open chair  across from kuroo, practically hovering over her coffee cup as if the fumes would knock her senses alive.

"what the fuck happened to you?" suna snorted.

she took a breath and chugged the coffee, staring at the table in a daze for a moment before getting back to reality. "it was so fucking hot in the apartment last night, so i couldn't sleep. i tried everything! opening the window, turning the fan on, tossing the covers. i stripped down almost completely naked and it still wasn't enough!"

"oh damn, we just opened all the windows and it was okay for us," kuroo said. "now that we're talking about it, they didn't even say anything about the air being broken."

"exhaustion takes precedent before one's own comfort. i was so tired yesterday that i didn't even notice i was sweating until i woke up this morning," suna took a sip of his drink.

"that's disgusting," [y/n]'s face twisted.

"hey, i showered," he argued.

"was anyone else sweating out their fucking ass crack last night?" nova emerged from nowhere.

"what the hell, don't scare people like that," [y/n] breathed as she held a hand against her chest.

"i think the air is out everywhere. it's going to be a terrible day," nova shook her head. "you guys play at ten, right?"

"yeah. what are the odds they'll actually have the air fixed by then?" suna sighed, checking the weather for today. "christ, it's going to be so fucking hot."

nova went to check the message board, seeing no current updates on the air conditioning. "these bastards better get it together quick, i will not be dealing with these stupid ass athletes if they don't have their dumbass ac."

"worst thing that happens is they cancel all the games today," kuroo noted.

"if they do, we're going to the beach," [y/n] began to fan herself with a paper plate. "there is no way the rest of them aren't actively dying right now. not even one peep from the group chat."

"they're more verbal complainers than keyboard complainers."

"kuroo!" bokuto's loud voice boomed throughout the cafeteria, causing the four to shrink into their seats a bit.

"does bokuto only have one volume?" nova whispered.

"no, it can be even louder," [y/n] flatly replied. she watched as he practically sprinted to the table, kageyama and ushijima trailing behind. "have you ever tried being quieter?"

"yes, in middle school! but, it lasted all of five minutes and i was back, baby!" bokuto grinned, pulling a chair over and making himself comfortable. "they're not cancelling the game today."