↳˗ˏˋ thirty five ˊˎ˗↴

———— VOLLEYBALL PRELIMS

nothing could've mentally prepared [y/n] for the energy she was going to be receiving from the boys today.

literally nothing.

she got ready pretty early, bag and credentials in tow as she headed out to grab some breakfast. the boys had an early workout and light practice, so she wasn't expecting to see them when she entered the food hall. however, their booming voices reached her ears once she stepped inside, immediately calling out to her.

"good morning, [y/n]!" hinata waved. she waved back before quickly grabbing the first food items she saw and came over to sit with them. "ooh, that looks good!" hinata looked at her tray.

"as long as it gets me through the day, it doesn't have to look edible," [y/n] began stirring the yogurt bowl. "how was workouts this morning?"

"it was good! we did yoga outside, and the view of the water was amazing!" bokuto told her.

"it's very pretty out there," she nodded, taking a sip of her juice. "are you guys excited for today?" she asked as she slid her fruit cup towards kageyama.

"yeah, venezuela is a good team. it's going to be a good match," ushijima said.

"did iwa already head off to the arena?"

"yeah, he had to get there early to set up," suna sank into the chair a bit.

[y/n] nodded, finishing up her food before collecting her things, "i'll see you guys there," she smiled, tossing out her trash. she grabbed a few easy-to-transport food items and stuck them in her bag, heading off to the arena.

it almost felt weird for her to be there, considering she wasn't exactly training staff today. but, getting to see everyone and everything was really cool and made her excited for the day. she spotted iwaizumi in passing when he was pushing a cart towards the gym, so she caught up to him. "hey."

iwaizumi turned his head, giving her a smile, "hey, you're a little early, aren't you?"

"i am, but, knowing you, you probably didn't eat, so i brought you some food," she pulled out the bag. "come on, i'll help you set up so you can eat."

they arrived to their side of the gym and [y/n] helped unload and set up, forcing iwaizumi to eat. "i can multitask, you know," iwa chuckled, trying to grab one of the heavier bags from her. she swung it away from him, eyes narrowing. "okay, fine, you win. jesus christ," he muttered, hands up in defense as he moved on to another bag. once they were done setting up, he finished the rest of his food and tossed out his trash. "so, where are you going to be during the game?"

"uh, that section right there," she pointed to a spot towards middle court. "i hope i can keep up with all the shit i have to do. live tweet, record instagram stories, and make tiktoks? i do not get paid enough for this."