↳˗ˏˋ fifty four ˊˎ˗↴

———— PACED

———— PACED.

they won. of course they won. that was a no brainer.

so, why wasn't she excited?

it was starting to get... repetitive. but, she wouldn't openly admit that.

"you alright? you look exhausted, maybe you should get some rest?" atsumu frowned, seeing she wasn't herself.

"yeah, dude. you need some serious r and r," aran nodded.

"we don't exactly get that in this job," she chuckled, packing her things. "i'll be alright, guys."

"see, you say that, and then you get yourself sick from overworking. so, we all collectively agree that you should rest," hinata butted in.

"yeah, seriously. and, if it makes you feel better, we won't celebrate without you," suna added.

"no, you guys should go celebrate. don't let me hold you all back," [y/n] fussed, glancing at her phone. "how about i'll rest if you all go and have fun, okay? i'll see you all in the morning."

"we'll bring you some food," kageyama told her, patting her shoulder.

"alright, have fun! be safe," she said to them, slinging her bag on her shoulder and heading out.

the boys left to change and get ready to head out, but one straggler stayed behind and caught up to [y/n], who was waiting for a ride back to the apartments. "mind if i join you?"

[y/n] turned her head, a bit surprised, "you aren't going to go out with them?"

"not like we won't go out next time, so it'll be okay if i skip out once," hinata shrugged.

"considering how much energy you have, i feel like going back to the apartments would be considerably boring for you."

"it's alright. i really should get some rest, anyways. i feel like i haven't stopped moving since we got here."

"you're not wrong about that," she chuckled, seeing the bus pull up. "you wanna get dinner at the dining hall?"

"yeah, sounds good," hinata nodded, boarding the bus with her.

she shot a text to the others to let them know that they didn't have to bring her any food, and she and hinata walked into the dining hall, seeing a plethora of athletes and trainers alike lounging around. they grabbed their food and found a fairly empty corner to sit at, the feeling of exhaustion taking over their bodies once they sat down and relaxed a bit.

"i'll be lucky if i make it back to the apartment," she sighed, taking a bite of her food. "geez, i didn't even think i was actually this tired. my goddamn back hurts, and this skirt is not comfortable."

"yeah, i'm definitely feeling the soreness in my muscles now," hinata laughed.

"are we just old?"

"i mean, probably."