↳˗ˏˋ twelve ˊˎ˗↴

———— SHE COULD FINALLY BREATHE AGAIN

once all the photos were posted, it seemed like the storm had passed. she was finally able to relax a bit.

it seemed almost too good the next few days. she had received such high praise from everyone, the photos were blowing up on social media, and, since the official team announcement was out, all their other social media accounts were quickly spiking high numbers of followers and admirers.

[y/n] was sitting in her office up top when she decided to check on the team tiktok account. bokuto, hinata, and atsumu had just made a new video for one of the newer trends, and it seemed to be doing well statistically. she hummed quietly to herself as she went to the comments, stifling laughs as she began scrolling through them.

@/shimismi:Why is there no audio? Ohh nevermind I forgot my bluetooth was still connected to my Lamborghini Veneno Roadster (Starts at $7,600,000) silly me

@/healthpacks:ive got a kitty for you 🥰

@/ivegotverystrongbones:i'm literally giggling and twirling my hair, please just pick me

@/kupicaca_isnow_drowning:uh...🚶‍♀️wh-whats happening... 🧎‍♀️to me...🐕

@/shortiezaz:i think about this video everyday.

@/dogwithacatname:USHIJIMA HAS ME ON MY KNEES
        ↳ @/notemiq:HES IN THE BACKGROUND DRINKING WATER WHAT SKFBDISJFSI

[y/n] let out a giggle at the last one, a knock on the door making her snap her head up towards it to see who was there. "oh, hey," she said, setting the phone down. "you need something?"

"just wanted to check in on you, see how you're doing," kageyama shrugged, taking a seat in one of the empty chairs. "i also brought you this, since everyone was saying they didn't see you in the cafeteria at all today," he added, dropping a cafe bag on the desk, filled with pastries and a sandwich.

"well thank you, i appreciate it. you guys had offsite training today, right? how was it?"

"fine. i'm not a huge fan of outdoor courts, but it was still nice to be outside. the weather is nice enough for it."

"fun," [y/n] slowly nodded, finger tapping against her thigh. it was silent for a moment before she raised a brow. "anything else?" she dragged.

"oh. uh. we were also going out to eat later, if you wanted to come with," he stuttered, almost forgetting why he was there in the first place. "totally up to you!"

[y/n] chuckled softly and nodded, grabbing a sticky note and quickly scribbling on it, "yeah, i'll come eat with you guys. here, just tell everyone to add my number to their phones. probably easier this way. i'll see you all later." she passed the sticky note to him and watched him leave, returning to her work phone.

kageyama walked casually towards the elevator, but once he got in and was let out on the floor he needed to go to, he sprinted to the locker room. he was heavy breathing a bit when he flew through the doors, barely scanning himself in as he rested a hand against the wall, catching a breath. everyone looked at him weird, barely concerned when he finally spoke up. "here's [y/n]'s number."

the hoard of them practically soared over to where he was, nearly tackling him as they pawed at the tiny sticky note in his hand. "you're going to hurt him, cut it out!" iwaizumi shook his head, helping kageyama up off the floor as atsumu, bokuto, and suna surrounded the sticky note.

"this is very much giving gollum from lord of the rings," hinata snorted, watching the three stare at the sticky note.

"her handwriting is so cute!" bokuto cried.

"she writes like every girl on the planet, stupid," suna smacked him upside the head.

"it's like a refined girly handwriting. i'm just surprised it's so straight with no lines," yaku nodded, mildly impressed.

"thanks for almost trampling me, i really appreciate it," kageyama deadpanned, rolling his shoulder.

"oh, you'll be fine, you big baby," suna rolled his eyes.

they all entered [y/n]'s number into their phones, debating on whether to make a new group chat and add her or not. it would be easier to invite her places, but at the same time, it would've been kind of weird? at least to some of them.

"i don't think we should," hinata sighed.

"why not? i don't think she'd mind," atsumu argued.

"well, yeah she wouldn't mind. but, don't you guys want to give her a little free time away from us? i feel like we're always dragging her out after work, and she already has to see us here every day."

"i guess you have a point," bokuto's shoulders slumped.

"how about we just ask her if she wants to be part of one?" kageyama blankly stated.

"my god, the man is a genius," sakusa deadpanned.

"barely," ushijima muttered.

"you're one to talk," suna chortled.

"are you guys done yet? you've got workouts to do," iwaizumi popped his head into the locker room, a flat look on his face seeing everyone holding their phones. "or you could run laps. up to you."

"we're coming!" they all screamed, scrambling to finish getting ready and headed to the gym.

"idiots," iwaizumi shook his head, seeing a sticky note on one of their bags. he glanced at it, seeing [y/n]'s familiar handwriting. "ah."

that made sense.

sakusa had caught up with ushijima, pulling him to the side to speak with him. "so, you want to tell me what happened?"

"i'm not sure i know what you're talking about," ushijima firmly stated.

"you don't have to pretend with me, you know. i could care less," sakusa assured, to which ushijima let his shoulders slump a bit. "so, something did happen."

"that's the thing. nothing happened," ushijima told him, leaning against the wall. "it was a blur at first, if i'm going to be honest. i wasn't expecting to see her in the locker room," he quietly began retelling the story. sakusa listened intently, nodding every so often to show he was still listening and paying attention. once ushijima finished, he raised a brow.

"that was it?"

"yeah."

"so she teased as if she was going to do something, but then she just started recanting true crime podcasts."

"... yes."

"she's an odd one, i'll give you that."

"part of me thinks she wanted to do something, but, given the circumstances and the amount of trouble..."

"you might be right. ugh, can't believe i'm actually saying that," sakusa muttered the last part, shaking his head. "do you think she has any ill intentions?"

ushijima hadn't really thought about that. a million scenarios and reasons ran through his mind, but nothing seemed to make sense. "no, i don't think so."

"why?"

"because if she did, something would've happened by now."

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

spicy is coming y'all don't worry