↳˗ˏˋ forty ˊˎ˗↴

———— GAME DAY, PART TWO

"we play canada today," iwaizumi told [y/n].

"i really wanted to make a canada joke, but i can't think of one," she chuckled, stabbing another potato. "i'm surprised you wanted to get food; you usually just go straight to set up."

"i felt bad that you had to bring me food last time," iwa stammered. [y/n] snorted, rolling her eyes.

"if you wanted to spend time with me, you could've just said so," she hummed, dodging the grape that came her way. "you suck."

"do i, though?" iwaizumi grinned, [y/n]'s face falling flat as she threw the grape back at him. "now you suck, both literally and metaphorically."

"can you shut the fuck up?" she hissed, looking around to see if anyone they knew were nearby.

"hey, it's a little funny," iwaizumi held his hands up in defense. he watched as she tapped her finger against the table as she continued to eat. he knew better than to bring it up, but his curiosity would get the better of him. "can i ask you something?"

"is it personal?"

"a little?"

"that's not concerning at all, but go ahead," she shrugged.

he was trying to figure out how to phrase it, but at the realization that they were adults and not kids in a school cafeteria, he just went with it. "i'm not the only one you've hooked up with, am i?"

[y/n] stopped chewing for a moment, glancing at him before swallowing her food and drinking some water. "no."

"okay," he nodded, going back to his food.

she raised a brow, "did you assume you were?"

"no," he shook his head.

she nodded slowly as she dragged her fork across the plate. "you were, uhm, the first."

"ever?"

"no, first hook up. wasn't really my thing before," she shrugged.

"i'm flattered," iwaizumi teased, ignoring another grape coming his way. "aw, the little baby is all grown up."

"i'm going to punch you in the face," she deadpanned.

"so, i'm guessing you've gotten to a few of the others-"

"why the fuck did you have to say it like that? you're making it sound like i'm collecting pokemon cards."

"i guess the phrasing was a bit off."

"you've been out here, too."