↳˗ˏˋ forty two ˊˎ˗↴

———— THE MEETING WAS KIND OF INTERESTING

for once, the idiot trio didn't want to fall asleep during their meeting. mainly because they got food, but that was enough to pique their interest in whatever they had to be there for. they zoned out as they ate, listening in here and there whenever they felt like it was necessary. but, overall, mid.

once they were released, [y/n] looked at her personal phone, seeing oikawa had followed her on social media and sent her a message. she followed him back before checking the message, seeing he was asking if she was out yet.

toruoikawa
hey 👋
are you out of your meeting yet

[y/n][l/n]
yes just got out

toruoikawa
perfect
meet me at the bus stop
like 30 min

[y/n][l/n]
should i get dressed for this lol

toruoikawa
actually yeah

[y/n][l/n]
deadass

toruoikawa
deadass

[y/n][l/n]
alr see you soon
loved by toruoikawa

[y/n] slipped her phone back in her pocket, excusing herself before heading back to her room. she got dressed, giving herself a quick once-over in the mirror before heading out to the bus stop. she saw oikawa standing there looking at his phone, picking his head up when he heard footsteps.

"hey," he smiled.

"hey," she responded, "so, where are we going?"

"it's a surprise," oikawa told her.

"i don't exactly like surprises," she pursed her lips.

"i think you'll like my surprise," he winked.

"confident, aren't we?"

"as always."

it was a quiet ride. mostly because [y/n] was nervous about where they were going. once they arrived, [y/n] raised a brow, seeing oikawa exit the bus casually. "oikawa."

"hm?"

"why are we at a museum?"

"hm? you don't like museums?" he furrowed his brows.

"no, i do. just didn't think we were going to one," she shrugged, following him in. it was fairly empty, a few art students roamed here and there, as well as some employees. but, overall, really quiet. "oh, wait, i've heard of this exhibit."

"yeah, it's showcasing all the great literary works by famous authors as well as paintings inspired by them," oikawa told her.

"it's beautiful," she gaped, seeing all the magnificent art work scattered about. and it was only the beginning. "come on, i wanna see more!" she squealed, grabbing his wrist and dragging him along.

[y/n] knew a lot about art, oikawa came to learn. she was quite invested in it, from the way she would talk about each piece, as well as the authors of the literary works. he didn't realize it just yet, but it was fascinating to him. the fact that a woman like her could still find time to appreciate things like art.

things he did notice, though, were the way her eyes lit up whenever they moved to a new piece. the glee in her voice when she would start telling him little fun facts about the author. just the pure, youthful reckless abandon in her entire demeanor made him want this moment to last forever.

they wandered through the rest of the exhibit, [y/n] still reeling in excitement over all of the art. oikawa walked quietly with her, just letting her have her moment. she seemed immensely less stressed now, so he was happy that he was able to do this for her.

"hey, oikawa?" [y/n] nudged his arm gently.

"hm?"

"you're not as bad as everyone says you are."

"thanks- wait, who said i was bad?!" oikawa's eyes nearly bursted out of the socket.

[y/n] let out a laugh, "i feel like you know the answer to that."

"you're not wrong," he pouted. "but, i appreciate it."

"any time."

they wandered about as they waited for the next bus back, taking in the coolness of the night and the bright stars. the moon was full, giving off a beautiful glow across her features. oikawa was mesmerized by how beautiful she was. sure, her body was amazing, but there was something so innocent and graceful about her face. it made her so alluring; he wanted to know everything about her.

"do we have to go back just yet?" oikawa asked. [y/n] shrugged, arms folded over her chest.

"not particularly. why, somewhere you wanna go?"

"i'll go anywhere as long as it's with you."

[y/n] face heated up as she cracked a small smile, "toru oikawa, you truly are too smooth for your own good."

"i've been told," he chuckled, holding a hand out to her. "come on, let's walk."

she took his hand, the two falling into step as they strolled through the city. it felt nice, honestly. to just be here and be present. she liked it. it was different. it felt good.

they returned to the bus stop, boarding quietly now that they were pretty worn out from the evening. once they arrived back at the village, they made a pit stop at the overlook of the water, sitting on the bench and watching the moonlight glisten off the soft ripples of water.

"thanks for today; it was nice," she quietly said.

"any time," he mocked, the two laughing softly.

they turned to look at each other, [y/n] looking away first when she felt her cheeks get hot once more. oikawa simply continued to look at her, wanting to memorize every part of her features. he subconsciously brought a hand to her face, gently stroking her cheek as she turned back to look at him. they didn't even notice they had inched closer until they were mere millimeters apart.

"may i?" he asked softly.

"of course," she breathed, their lips connecting as his hand moved to the nape of her neck. it was just a series of short, sweet kisses that neither of them wanted to end, but, seeing as they were outside, not much could've been done at this very moment. she broke away first, quickly glancing around for the first enclosed space she could find. "there's probably a bathroom in there," she nodded her head towards one of the buildings.

oikawa didn't even hesitate to grab her hand and drag her towards the building.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

32k reads brb while i sob my eyes out

a surprise character coming soon !

[ update may 13 ]

omg hi i'm back sorry lol

i almost lost my eye so i've been going to the doc and been taking care of that but i think i'm good now (?)

first chap of my aot fantasy au is going up right after this if you're into that shit

k bye !