↳˗ˏˋ thirty nine ˊˎ˗↴

———— THE SQUAD IS HAVING A BABY

asami was, quite literally, crying and throwing up.

she didn't want to disrupt the mood of the previous night, so she waited until the next day to tell [y/n] and eiko the news.

"god fuck, asami, if i have to watch bile come out your nose one more goddamn time, i'm leaving," eiko made a disgusted face, passing her another paper towel to wipe her mouth. they were currently sitting in the bathroom of their shared living quarters: asami hovering over the toilet, eiko leaning against the sink, and [y/n] sitting in the dry tub.

"i heard there's a party going on in here," nova's head peeked in after knocking on the door. "make some room, bitches. galiardo coming through," she squeezed into the already-cramped space, joining [y/n] in the tub.

"jesus christ, your ginormous ass is taking up all the damn room in here," [y/n] groaned, trying to shift herself into a more comfortable position.

"you're the one talking? really?" nova deadpanned.

"hey! focus!" eiko scolded, handing asami another paper towel. "why are we all in here, 'sami?"

asami sniffled, wiping her tears as she turned to face them, "i talked to yūdai."

"and?" the three pressed her to continue.

"he's really excited for the baby," her lip quivered, breaking down into tears once more.

"girl, you're going to dehydrate yourself if you keep crying," nova muttered. [y/n] smacked her leg, shaking her head. "i mean, yay! baby! does that make me an aunty? i think it makes me an aunty."

"she doesn't even know you!" [y/n] pointed out.

"hey, i've been on this shitshow of a rollercoaster since day one; i'm an aunty whether y'all like it or not."

"but this is terrible!" asami wailed.

"why is it terrible?" eiko asked.

"because what if people think i'm just some bitch who got pregnant by a volleyball player just for the money?"

"i promise you, no one is going to think that. you guys are the most in-love looking motherfuckers out there. you should be more worried about taking care of yourself. why the hell are you still working right now?" nova said.

"because it's my job?"

"asami, no one would even hesitate to tell you to look out for yourself first. this shit is stressful, and i doubt anyone is going to want you to overexert yourself," [y/n] told her.

"i guess," asami mumbled.

"has hyakuzawa said anything to the guys yet?" eiko asked.

"no, he said he wanted me to be comfortable first before telling them. not that i think they'd have negative reactions, but you guys know how they are," asami chuckled.