03 (1)

The next day...

At a normal time of the day, I was leaning against the counter as I stare at the astronaut thing I was holding

At a normal time of the day, I was leaning against the counter as I stare at the astronaut thing I was holding. That scene was still fresh on my mind of course. I don't why but there's some weird feeling and random flashbacks that keeps on bugging me at the same time.

"Hey what's that?"

In the middle of spacing out, I flinched when I heard Nine's voice. I didn't look at him, my eyes were just on the necklace as I respond.

"A necklace?"

He smiled sarcastically.

"Yes, obviously. I mean, what's that for? I haven't seen you wearing necklaces."

"This is not mine, someone dropped this. I guess it's Oscar's friend."

"Then why you keep it?"

"I don't have a chance to meet him at our school, but he already talked to me about this matter so no worries,"

"Okay then,"

He didn't bug me afterwards, we just mind our businesses and do our job.

A few moments passed...

My shift has already ended and I get home later than Nine, compensation for the several late I've done lately.

While walking on a quiet, dim street. Well, only the orangey street lights were helping me to see the path I'm walking.

Suddenly someone grab me on my shoulder and a sharp object was pointed at my side.

I stiffened. I don't know what should I do. There's no other person here.

"Give me your money and phone, right now," he said sharply, breath hitting against my ear making me shiver and have goosebumps. It's disgusting!

I slowly opened my backpack, still trembling. But then, in just a blink I heard a loud sound of a punch.

"What-"

I saw the thief lying on the ground holding his face that was punched by the other guy.

I looked at him. My mouth was slightly opened when I realized that it was the owner of the necklace. The tall guy I once met at the back of our school.

"You alright?" He asked and I just nodded.

He was about to check me when the thief has recovered from the punch and then tried to attack the tall guy.

Defending himself, he accidentally slid his palm at the sharp blade of the knife leaving a medium cut and then blood started to run through the wound.

"Hey! What's happening?!" Then a group of guys passing by noticed us.

"A thief!" And they chase the thief who's now running away.

I looked at the guy beside me. He's rubbing out the blood on his pants making him wince in pain.

"No, stop that," I grabbed his arms and open his wounded palm. The blood was continuously flowing, the cut wasn't that deep but because of its length, blood was still dripping nonstop.

"Come on,"

I pull him and put pressure on his wound to stop the bleeding. We're like that until we ride a cab to my apartment.