46 (1)

It's been ten minutes, twenty, half an hour, I'm not sure but it's been a while since this guy almost tied me on my own bed. I'm lying on my back, face towards the ceiling, my eyes were closed but I haven't fallen asleep, even just a sec in the dreamland, I haven't.

And then, subconsciously, I looked at the guy beside me. He's still sleeping peacefully and I can hear his light snores. 

Staring at him, there's no any moment that my mind wouldn't go and give me some weird thoughts. But with that, I still can't help but wonder. I haven't been this close to him physically for this long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking advantage of his condition, I'm just… I didn't expect it, like who would, especially when they share the same experience with me.

This guy, he's very unpredictable. Why he's as if a shadow of mine, always following me behind. I also caught him several times looking at me. Now, I look ambitious because of these thoughts but all of what I am thinking right now is what I have seen with my eyes.

But the thing here is what if because he's acting like this is he wants to reconcile. If that happens, will I be able to befriend him again? If ever he wants to bring back our friendship which is I guess has the lowest possibility.

And what about me? What am I currently feeling right now? Why am I doing this, helping him this too much? Because of pity? Humanity? Or just to pay what I owe for having a free ride? Maybe to feed my conscience.

About the statement earlier, do I hate him? There's an answer but that time he already fainted and I'm not able to clarify it. 

To be honest, after those times we stopped hanging out, it's like as if I reflected on everything. As time passed, I don't feel any hatred towards him but for myself. I hate that I confessed at the wrong moment, I hate that I let myself fall that deep even though right from the start, I already knew he was not there to catch me.

Maybe we can still fix the bond that has been shattered, but it will never be the same again.

grumble

A loud grumble and that vast thoughts suddenly disappear. I didn't know that I'm staring at him that long and the loud sound pulled me to reality. 

The grumbling came from this guy's stomach. He's hungry and as a good host, I need to serve this 'visitor' of mine.

With his arm on my stomach, I slowly lift it and place it on the surface and then slowly and carefully get up off the bed. Just making sure that he won't get awake and pull me back again beside him.

I planned to cook some porridge for him, it's an easy and quick dish so I just spend fifteen minutes and it's now ready. I also called Oscar and in just one try, he answered immediately.

"Oscar,"

["Hey! It's been a while,"]

"Yeah… it is" 

["Hmm, why you call a sudden, by the way?"]

"Oh, that… I just want to tell you that Daniel is here-"

["I told you! My instinct is always accurate!"]

["What? How come he ended up at Patrick's"]

["Bro we almost report him to the police,"]

["Santa was like 'I'll fucking turn the whole city upside down just to find him!' and the asshole was with Patrick?!"]

I'm pouring some porridge in a bowl when my forehead creased because of the voices in the background. 

They all express what they feel assorted-ly. There's anger, worried and what. I can't even recognize who's who, they're in chaos.

I understand it though, it's eight in the evening and he's sick!

["Patrick, are you still there?"]

"Yes, yes"

["Sorry about my friends. We're looking for Daniel since morning and we can't find him! His classmate said that he attended morning class but disappeared during the afternoon. The guy is sick and he escaped from us!"]

"Uh, don't worry, he's now resting. I also cooked some food, I'll wake him up later,"

["Does he drink medicine already?"]

"A while ago," 

["Damn, he's biased man"] It's a voice from the background again,

"Why?"

["Earlier, we found out that he slipped his medicine under his pillow and Santa told me that he insisted to wipe himself,"]

He what? I— this is…

["I'm so sorry, Patrick. This thing is already big trouble but can I have a favor?"]

"What?"

["Can you take care of him? He's really hard-headed when it's our turn to take care of him. He's only obedient when it's Audrey…"]

My lips pursed for a while and then Oscar continued,

["And you…"]

I froze, good thing I'm not holding the bowl of porridge or else I'll spill it!

There's no other meaning behind that alright?! Maybe it's just some luck that he's obedient to me.

["Please Patrick, I'll give a payback later, pretty please?"]

"…"

["Coming from your handsome friend?"]

"Hmm, alright, alright. I'll go now, the food ill get cold."

["Ahh! Such a nice friend! Thank you very much."]

"Mm, I'll hang up,"

["Bye!"]

"Bye," and I ended the call and placed my phone on my chest as I felt the raging organ pumping so hard inside me. 

I'm overthinking! I should just let this pass and give Daniel his dinner so he can drink his meds again.

Argh! Medicines! That memory keeps o coming but I should move forward.

As soon as I got up to my bedroom, I placed the bowl of porridge, medicine, and a glass of water on the bedside table. I then proceed to wake Daniel up and the guy unexpectedly got up and sat in just a single order!

"Uhh, can you… help yourself?" he, with closed eyes, shook his head no. I see, I see.

I now grab the bowl of porridge and help him eat. It's like I'm feeding a baby and there's some food on the corner of his lips. Good thing I don't need to wipe it for he cleaned it by himself.

We took some minutes to finish everything, feed him, drink medicine, and check his temperature. He's now better than earlier, a few rest and he's completely recovered.

"Take a rest, I'll just wash this,"

The guy didn't move but I still get up and grab everything, as I was about to leave, Daniel spoke a sudden.

"Patrick," I turned my head and looked at him, "have you eaten yet?"

Why ask about me? At this point, he should focus on his sick self, why bother to ask about my what-abouts.

"Hmm, not yet but I'm fine-"

"Eat up,"

"I'll do it later,"

"Eat or I'll stand up and feed you,"

Now, why is he so bossy? If he's not sick I've smashed him already.

"Fine, fine."

"I'm… I just don't want you to get sick too because of me,"

I sighed and nodded, after that, I immediately leave the room so he won't say any other words that makes me freak out.