65 (1)

"So, how old is your niece, by the way?"

The sun is still up when we arrived at the mall. After a lot of debates inside my head, I decided to go with him. And now this guy kept on getting head turns in this place.

"If I'm not mistaken, she's six or seven months," 

It's good then, it's easy to find a gift because she's not picky at this age.

"Maybe a baby dress or a baby toy will do? This is so easy," I commented and the corner of his lips rise.

"You have enough knowledge about this baby stuff huh," my forehead creased and I hit his side.

"I would've believed that Andre's your son," and that made me roll my eye.

How would I have a son if I'm inside the cave studying for years and then there's this guy who just appeared to mess with my life which cause pain and bliss at once and now dragged me to a mall to buy a gift for his niece?

"Let's just go and buy so we can get home early," and I walked first without letting him utter a word.

And, I thought this would be easy but Daniel was so meticulous in this matter. Well, compared to AK, he's so optimistic and he didn't dare to buy this, buy that, not because he doesn't have enough money but because he is just being practical, quote-unquote, for future purposes.

"Are you tired?" He was smiling when he walked towards me. We're inside a department store in the baby's section to be exact. I'm sitting on one of the cushions in front of a tall mirror and he notices that I'm less talkative than earlier.

"Not really, I'm devastated. I thought this would be easy," 

"I'm sorry," he sat beside me and we were staring at the mirror across us. We're looking at each other through our reflection. Eyes locked for a few seconds and then I broke it out.

"You don't have to. What stores we still haven't visited? We're done with toys, clothes, and baby accessories. How about some baby items? Like stroller, cribs…"

"She has lots of that, maybe it will just set aside if I gift her that. And, I want a gift that will last long. Not just for baby phase,"

"Then give her house and lot," 

Daniel massaged his forehead as he hide his smile. 

"That was lame," he said, but his face contradicts his words.

"Really… Oh, I have an idea,"

"What is it?"

I didn't answer, instead, I stood up and pull him somewhere