19 (2)

The next day…

Patrick's POV

Patrick's POV

It's currently break time, as always. I'm now heading to the lakeside, maybe I'll just sit underneath the tree and read a book. I'm not hungry though so I'll just kill the time. It's been a while since I've been there and I'm already missing the breeze.

As soon as I stepped on the lakeside, the gentle breeze welcomed me. I closed my eyes and spread my arms first. It was comfy and it makes me sleepy.

Afterwards, I then walk towards the tree. The sun was not that really hot enough to burn my skin but I don't want to get slowly grilled. It's almost eleven and I need a shade so there won't be any problem.

As usual, I placed a blanket to sit on it and lay my back on the trunk of the tree. I grabbed a book and start to read, my phone was shut down so there are no disturbing notifs. I already informed my friend about my whereabouts so they won't get worried or what.

"Woah cool,"

Split-second and I suddenly jumped out of shock when I heard a voice. I grasped my chest as my heart started to pound against it.

What the hell was that? I'm the only person here! I won't die of heatstroke or dehydration, I'll die because of a heart attack.

My mouth was slightly open and I'm looking where the voice came from and who the other person is.

"Yow chill, I'm up here," I looked upwards and saw a person lying on the branch.

"What are you doing there?"

It's Daniel! I don't know how he get there, it's so high and if he fall he might break a bone, but the guy was just lying there, arms were casually placed under his head, serving as a pillow.

"What? I've been here first!"

"You'll fall!"

"No-"

Word has been cut when suddenly he fell and heard a not-so-loud thump.

"I told you!"

He groaned in pain. Luckily he fell on the blanket I placed and he didn't hit his head or else it will be bloody in here. I then immediately ran to him and help him to stand.