27

Daniel's POV

A few days later...

It's been a long time since that incident happened

It's been a long time since that incident happened. And until now, I'm still in a mess.

I fucking regret everything I did, everything I say. I don't know what to do anymore!

"Dan, you going with us?"

Classes were already done and I'm here with Riki. We're currently walking towards the exit when the guy suddenly asked.

I just shook my head at his question. Ever since that day, I keep on refusing when my friends are asking me to go out with them.

"Oscar is always looking for you, why you're always isolating yourself?"

I threw him a blank expression, "I have lots of things to do."

Riki rose both of his hands as if surrendering. We continued to walk after that until we passed by the lounge.

I paused for a sec and glanced at that one table where I always see him with his friends.

It's really obvious that since that day, everything changed. It's still fresh but as time goes by, I will get used to this kind of life.

Since then, Patrick unfollowed me on my socials, as well as Audrey. The two cut their strings with me at the same time. It's a double blow, what have I done to deserve this?

"I felt that shit. It's freaking hard to just stare from afar. Watching him so happy with his friends, he's happier than ever when you pushed him away."

I looked at Riki who's staring at the air as if reminiscing about his painful past.

"Who hurt you, bro"

He just sighed, it was as if he pulled his breath from the very deep.

"But seriously, it's heartache and relief at the same time but it's for his own good, as well as yours. Let each of you reflect first and as time heals the wound, unwrap the bandage, catch things up or try to talk,"

My face crumpled on Riki's words. I felt confused instead of motivated. Why is he acting like that, he's getting weird.

"Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow. Eat at the right time and don't stay up late,"

I nod and gave him a faint smile as a 'goodbye'.

"Are you sure you won't come?!" He added as he enter the cab that he hailed a few seconds ago.

I just nodded again. And then after another wave of goodbye, the vehicle immediately leave until it was out of my sight.

NOT-SO-LONG NOTE AHEAD!!!

AN: Yes I'm still alive (╯︵╰,) sorry I didn't make it before 2021 ends and I was about to post last night when the app I'm using suddenly crashed, discarding the content I am writing which is almost at the end (istg it's just like two major scenes left and then the file, or words rather, suddenly "poof! I'm a bubble"). I wanna cry last night because I really did all my best even pull an all-nighter to finish and then post and then the efforts I did for a month then just disappeared. I'm planning to stop the story tbh but luckily, heavens gave me mercy, I found a pre-saved file that I intentionally did because just in case there's something happened. Sadly the file contains not even the half of the part 2. Now, I'm currently working and squeezing my brain just to remember some scenes, it's really hard for I have a poor memory. I'll do updates but it's kind of slow. I'll just delete this note once I completed the Part 2.

Enjoy reading ahead (~ ̄³ ̄)~