12

Daniel's POV

"Hey, I'll just go to the restroom," I whispered at Audrey who's currently talking to her friends.

"Sure,"

"You're fine here?"

"Yes, take your time." She smiled, assuring me that she's perfectly fine so I stood up and go to the restroom.

On my way there, some of my schoolmates called me and asked for a shot but I just refused all of them. I shouldn't get drunk or tipsy, Audrey and I will be having a dawn dinner later.

When I finally reached the restroom, I saw only one person. He's trying to vomit at the sink but looks like there's no coming out.

As I walk closer, I noticed his familiar face. It's Patrick.

"Hey, you good?" I asked

"I'm not drunk, Nine. Shut it," he said like gargling the words. He's drunk, obviously.

I rubbed his back gently to help him. He's red and his eyes literally tell you that he's drunk.

"Hey, I'll get you some water. Come on,"

He then turned to look at me. His tired sleepy eyes suddenly met mine. He didn't respond or move. He just stood there close to me, standing in between the sink and me.

Then split second he suddenly hugged me. It is a tight embrace, making me just stand there like a stone.

My eyes widened because of that and didn't even have a chance to move, I just put my hand slowly at his back, it was light as a feather, scared that I might hurt him.

"Nine," he let go from his sudden hug as he utter the wrong name. I stepped backwards, making a space between us. I'm still in shock because of his sudden move earlier.

"I just wanna…" He spoke again. He bit his bottom lip when he paused mid-sentence.

"Let's go back, you're drunk," I tried to pull his wrist but he didn't let me pull him, he forcefully pulled his arms back.

"Listen, I…" I noticed the corner of his eyes getting moist.

"I like him,"

Him?

"I like Daniel damn much... I really do"

Then there, after I heard what he said I found myself dumbfounded. I can't respond, I don't know what to say. I'm scared that I might hurt him or what.

But maybe he said that because of the alcohol, because I can't take it if it really came from his heart. He's a good friend, I don't want to lose him.

And after he said that, he just suddenly fell into my arms, unconscious. And thankfully just a few seconds, his friends already arrived and carry him.