53 (1)

"Patrick!"

As soon as I entered the serene ambience of the coffee shop near the school, Oscar raise his hand and waved at me. I immediately went to him and sat across his seat.

We decided to meet here for a talk. It's about the last time he said through DMs that he'll celebrate his last Christmas with his close friends.

I can't help but overthink. Why is he saying this? He's leaving?

"I've ordered you your favourite drink," he said.

We drink first and I waited for him to talk but it was already a fifteen-minute silence, he was still not uttering a word. I even looked at him but he was just looking away.

I lean closer and then saw, the rim of his eyes were red and brimming with tears.

"Are you crying?" I said making him hide his face. He buried it in his hands.

When I placed my hand on his shoulder for comfort, I felt it shudder. He broke down in front of me and this is the first time I'm seeing his weak side.

"Hey… What's wrong?"

He then calmed and looked at me. He wiped his tears with the table napkin and blow his nose. Now he looks fine but his eyes were bloodshot. This is a serious matter huh.

"I'm not crying, there's just some dust flew into my eyes,"

I nudged him for his lame joke. He's pulling his humor bone to lighten up the mood.

"Here's a thing, remember I said through chat that my parents will not come home?"

I nodded and waited for him to finish talking patiently.

"My parents were actually outside the country and was waiting for me to follow them immediately after the Christmas break. They already filed a transfer request and got approved, I'm officially enrolled to the university in the country where we're moving,"

My brows knitted at what I'd heard but I didn't interrupt. I continued listening to him.

"They didn't ask me about this. And the worst thing, I found this out because the Dean called me instead of my parents. I'm really furious that I almost curse them, they're freaking numb and cruel. The only good thing they did was to extend my stay here so I can celebrate Christmas,"

He's shivering. I patted his shoulders to make him calm again.

"About Hu Yetao… did he know?"

"No, and please don't tell him about this,"

"Why?"

"I don't want to hurt him,"

"I know it's hard for you to say this but isn't it more painful if you leave him without words?"

"Pat, I don't want his life to be in a mess after I left. I know him all too well, I don't want to destroy his life. It'll be hard for him to graduate if he messes up because of me,"

I bit my lower lip as I watch a tear roll down from his eye as he squeeze my hand.

"I know it's fucking complicated. I rather choose to receive hatred towards him than hurt him like that. I'm trusting you on this Patrick, please just keep this thing."

I just nodded to calm him down. It's a serious problem, knowing that his parents were involved and were the ones who caused this kind of struggle.

"How about your friends? I mean, Daniel…"

"Santa and Riki already knew it that time when Daniel went to the convenience store for you. I'm planning to tell Dan next time,"

With a deep sigh, we then brush the thoughts and Oscar transitioned to his usual character. He's now livelier and seeing him like this until he leaves is much better.

"Hmm, I forgot." He said out of the blue.

"Forgot what,"

"About the party,"

"…"

"Daniel is also coming,"

"!!!"