36 (1)

A/N: massive update (◡ ω ◡)

AK's POV

Raindrops, cold wind, dark…

In the middle of the peaceful street where the only light is coming from a blinking old light post, fighting for its life to at least give me a clear vision towards walking to nowhere.

It's been an hour since I ran away from our house, after my dad and I fought over petty reasons again. He's always unreasonable and I can't even win over him!

It's always like this. I'm sick of this, maybe he'll care for me once I'm gone.

Almost midnight, I'm still walking in this lifeless alley, despite the heavy rain and cold wind.

Damn cold, I can't help but shiver as I hug myself. I don't have any stuff with me, my jacket is completely wet and it doesn't help to make me feel warm.

I then stopped walking, standing in the exact middle of the street. Waiting for a vehicle to drive over me and left me lying on this wet surface, blood mixed with the flowing rainwater.

But then, I am ready to watch my body fight for its life, like that damned light post, when suddenly I haven't felt the rain.

It's still raining heavily how could it be?

Glancing upward, there I saw a guy in his jacket holding an umbrella and tilting it slightly towards me so we can share that small thing.

I looked at him with a frown. Half of his cloth was now soaking wet, why'd he do that to a stranger?

"What are you doing here?"

A frown suddenly turned into a crease on my forehead.

"It doesn't have to do with your business,"

"I'm just concerned. Get up, if you want to kill yourself, you should've gone to the expressway. There's no any chance that even a motorcycle passes by here in this kind of weather."

I sighed. Frown and crease on the forehead have completely vanished. It's like I felt relaxed. All of my problems suddenly disappeared.

"Cup of noodles is the best comfort food during rainy days. Now get up, let's eat," he offered me his hand that's almost covered with the seam of the jacket's sleeve.

Unconsciously, I raise my soaking hand and then accept his. The warmth of his palm enveloped my cold one. Then, with full force, he pulled me to stand up and then started to walk, I just followed him until we reached a convenience store.

It's familiar, it's one of my dad's properties.

In front of the store, the guy was confused when I stopped and didn't enter.

"It's fine, I can lend you a clean tee."

He then hold my wrist and pulled me inside. The cold air-conditioned place welcomed me making a quiver on my lips.

"What's the matter… Who's he?"

The staff from the counter blinked twice at us.

"I found him on the street, soaking wet. Can I use the staff room?"

"Sure thing,"

Then on he pulled me again towards a small room. There's a small locker and also another door, maybe for the restroom.

"I'm so sorry I forgot that the store is air-conditioned. Here, I don't have an extra casual shirt, but my uniform will do. You can change in there" he pointed at the door I was talking about earlier.

He smiled at me genuinely as he offer me the shirt. I just, again, accepted it. I don't say any word and walked to the door.

As I entered the small restroom. The coldness was taken away by the sudden rising of my temperature that run upward my face.

I stare at the garment I'm holding and then slowly move it closer to my face and sniff the cloth. It's his scent.

Why am I doing this?

I shook my head and pull myself together. I immediately changed my cloth and then after a few minutes I went outside and the guy left me alone.

Without hesitation, I went outside the staff room carrying my wet clothes which aren't causing any drip because I squeezed all the water out.

"Hey, where are you going?"

I stopped in the middle of pushing the door to open. It's the guy, he's holding a cup of instant noodles and a bottle of water.

He then placed the food on the nearest table while I just stood there like an idiot, hands were still on the door and a foot was advanced from the other.

"Sit, eat now."

"I'll just dispose of this first," I raise my clothes and then the guy's jaw was slightly opened.

"What?"

"It's already wet, I won't be able to use it."

The guy was still in shock. He didn't respond, so I went outside throw the clothes in the nearest trash bin and immediately went back inside the store.

"You did really throw your clothes?"

I nodded and sat beside him.

"That looks expensive," It's like a whisper but I can clearly hear it.

"I don't want to carry those,"

He exhaled air and then pushed the cup of noodles in front of me.

"Eat,"

I, being obedient, grabbed the fork and opened the cup. The steam hit my face making me feel warm. The salty smell makes my stomach grumble. I don't know what this taste like, it's my first time eating foods like this!

I started to scoop up some soup and tasted it. Then on, the little by little scoop turned into a spoonful.

"Take your time," the guy on my side said as he watch me eat.

The warmth of the food then flows in my body. It's really comforting.

And that day, I've never felt that so much comfort ever since. I will never forget this happening in my life.