26 (2)

I've already arrived at the lakeside and looked at the tree we commonly sat under. There's no sign of Daniel. The place was quiet and you can feel that you're the only one here.

I decided to walk towards the tree and stay under its shade. It's already hot at this hour so I should stay under this tree.

I've waited there for five, ten, twenty minutes but there's still no Daniel. Maybe he's busy today or our sched was different. Maybe he had an early break.

After of forty minutes waiting I then decided to go and just buy some food, I've got hungry and thirsty while waiting. I also decided to eat at the lounge, it's no longer crowded here so it's not noisy.

"Patrick!"

My head turned where the voice came from and then I saw Mika walking towards me. I greeted him when he's finally standing in front of me and he also greeted me back.

"By the way, uhm I just want to get your number for work purposes so I can inform you or you can call me if there's an emergency or any other urgent stuff," he said and I just furrowed my brows, he's so dedicated to work. I'm sorry I judged you.

Then on my furrowed brows suddenly disappeared my expression shifted in a second, flashing a grin as an idea came to my mind.

It's really obvious that Nine has a crush on this guy so I'll help him, like how they help me.

"Did you ask for Nine's number too?"

"No, it's not uhh- I'll ask his soon,"

"Okay then, here's mine,"

After that, he thanked me and quickly go after uttering a goodbye.

Little did he know, I gave Nine's number instead of mine. Helping a friend is good and quite fun.

That night…

"You're so quiet and… kind of strange?"

I look at Nine's face and posture. He's standing straight in a stiff way. His moves were limited as if he'll break something if he did his regular movements. He also barely speak which is odd, he's always talkative especially at this hour when we're doing our shift.

"Shut up," he said and then we headed to the staff room to change our uniforms. The late-night shifts have come, meaning to say our shift was finished. It's already eight so we're about to go home.

"Your tall boy, huh"

"Said by the guy who also fell for a tall boy," he rolled his eyes on me before he entered the cubicle. I also changed mine but Nine was too slow changing so I just waited outside and scroll on my phone.

While wandering on my socials, I suddenly saw a message from Oscar.