65 (2)

It's almost sunset and we, or he rather, already picked a gift. It's a book with different stories inside it. I just came out with that idea simply because of me, having a childhood where my mother always read stories when I'm still young and up till this age, I still love stories and novels. It's just so good when you're reading, I thought this would fit his idea, that his niece will bring this as she grows up.

I'm now standing outside the bookstore and waiting for him to finish paying, I'm roaming around my socials as I wait and then a message popped from Instagram popped up. It was Santa, Daniel's friend and it feels like there's something because I don't chat with Daniel's friends aside from Oscar.

 It was Santa, Daniel's friend and it feels like there's something because I don't chat with Daniel's friends aside from Oscar

"Patrick, let's go,"

I just finished chatting with Santa when this guy appeared with the paper bag. He was now walking towards me when a group of girls called him.

"Hello, you're a bookworm, gosh that's so hot," the girl walk to him that made him stop midway. 

I instantly raised an eyebrow as I watch them. Daniel faced them and talked to them. I heard someone asks for his help looking for books etc.

"Sorry but I don't have enough knowledge with books and please excuse me, I'm making my partner wait for me," I blinked and almost barge in between when the girl replied.

"Partner? I don't see a girl around," she even has the guts to look around? What is she up to?

"HE'S over there. HE'S waiting for me," and he continued to walk towards me and the girls' jaw dropped when she saw me. They walked out with rolling eyes and flipping hairs but this guy in front of me didn't mind them.

"So, do you want to eat first, or do you want me to cook at home?" 

My thoughts on those girls then shifted when he popped the question. Home? What home?

"Home huh, you just slept countable times, rummaged in my kitchen, and eat with me and you said it was home huh?"

"Of course. You know, home is not just how frequent you stay inside, it's when you feel warmth, love, and care," he leaned close to me, with the knuckle of his index finger, he swept it to my nose gently making me lose my breath. 

That close, face to face, in front of this bookstore. In a public place? This six-footer guy has the nerve to flirt with me!

"Said by the guy who received lots of head turns from girls today," I said and his lips widened when heard those words.

"Said by the guy who's, perhaps, jealous," I didn't react, he's so competitive!

And then, I snapped when I remembered what I should do. Daniel was clueless about my move and I, again, pulled him and we ended up in his car.

"What's happening?" He asked, confused as buckled his seatbelt.

"Do you know this *** Airport?" I asked.

"Yes, what about it?" 

"Let's go, to the airport," I said but he didn't move like he was still slowly absorbing what I am saying.

"Are you… planning to elope? Patrick, we can talk about this," he said with a nervous laugh and my face crumpled and I almost die.

"What elope are you talking about? We will send off someone and if you don't move we're not going to make it," I said and then he raise both of his hands acting like surrendering before he stepped on the gas.